Winter & Spring Application

The following information is for single graduate, undergraduate, EAP or UCSB Extension students seeking UCSB housing for winter and spring quarters. Students applying for housing must have a valid email address and a UCSB perm number or UCSB Extension Student ID Number. Applicants for Spring quarter only —  please apply via the Spring Application page. 

Important Dates

  • Contract Cancellation

    If you have signed a Winter and Spring Quarter Undergraduate Housing Contract and are interested in cancelling, please click the button below to do so. With 30 days or more notice there is a $250 fee to cancel, $350 for less than 30 days.


  • Early October | Housing Application Opens

    The 2024-25 Winter and Spring Quarter Housing Application will be available on early October at 10:00am. Available space will be based on anticipated vacancies. Students offered contracts must complete and return the contract by the deadline sent with their contract offer.

  • TBA | Housing Application Deadline

    The Housing Application Priority Consideration Deadline is TBA. If you don't receive a confirmation email from us within a few minutes of submitting your application, check your spam folder. Please check your U-Mail account directly and frequently so that you don't miss any important messages from UCSB. It may not be reliable to forward your U-Mail to an alternate email (gmail, yahoo, etc.)

  • Late November | Contracts Offered

    Contract offers will begin to go out in waves late November 2024.

Personal Property Insurance

UC Santa Barbara requires renters insurance for all residents of campus housing. Renters insurance provides valuable protection if your personal belongings are stolen or damaged, including laptop computers, smartphones, bicycles, game consoles, textbooks, clothing, and other personal items. If your laptop or other valuables are stolen or damaged, you are responsible for replacing them - not the school. Renter’s insurance may also protect you financially for unintentional damage to the apartment and/ or bodily injury for which you are liable. The GradGuard insurance policy was designed for University of California students. Alternatively, you can check with your private homeowner’s or renter’s insurance policy about coverage. If you don't have your housing assignment when you sign up, please use the following address:

University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93107

If you have questions about the online application process, please contact University & Community Housing Services at 805-893-4371 or email your questions to Please visit our Rates page for fee information, and our Billing page for help navigating the payment process.



To inquire about gender-inclusive housing options available for students that identify as trans* or non-binary, please contact University & Community Housing Services at