Although our staff members are unique and diverse, we do have a set of standards that all RAs have to meet. To be eligible for the position, you must meet all the following requirements:
- Maintain full-time student status.
- Maintain an overall 2.3 GPA and a minumum 2.0 quarterly.
- Maintain eligibility to live within the community in which you work.*
- Maintain good academic and judicial standing with the University.
- Successfully pass a background check.
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Abide by all University, federal, state and local laws, policies, and procedures.
If hired, the appointment for the position is for one academic year. Candidates who are eligible have the option to apply for a second year, but are not guaranteed a position. Undocumented students are welcomed and encouraged to apply, but must be able to provide proof of employment authorization.
If you are an international student, you must have a visa, F1 or J1, which allows you to work a university appointment up to 50%. The RA position is a 24% appointment for apartment RAs and 43% appointment for residence hall RAs. This position can be combined with other university appointments, such as a Teaching or Research Assistant position.
*For Family Student Housing Candidates: All applicants must currently be living at Storke or West Campus housing or on the waiting list to live at FSH by March 1, 2022. Partners of students are eligible to apply for the Family Student Housing RA position without being a full-time student. If you are an international partner, you must have a J-2 visa with a work permit.