Please check the Office of the Registrar website for important dates related to the Academic Calendar.
Winter Quarter Ends
Spring Break Begins
- Residence Halls will close by 10:00am on the Saturday prior to each break period, requiring students to vacate university housing by this time if they have not registered for break housing. Students are permitted to return when halls reopen again at 10:00am the Sunday prior to the start of instruction for the subsequent quarter.
- Students may leave their belongings in their rooms during Spring Break, as long as they have a housing contract for the subsequent quarter and plan to return to university housing.
- You may only stay in the residence halls during spring break if you have registered for break housing with UCHS and pay the associated fee for staying. Emails will be sent to your student account prior to the break both by UCHS and Residence Hall Lead Staff providing notice to give students plenty of time to complete the necessary contract in order to stay.
- Please note that minimal services are provided during break periods (e.g., dining commons are closed and only limited staffing remains in the buildings).
- Information about preparing for breaks will be posted in all residence halls prior to each break period.
- Students approved for break housing will need to secure a temporary electronic key at their front desks prior to the break to gain access to their residence hall, as general student keys will be deactivated when halls close at 10:00am on Saturday.
UCSB Apartment residents may stay in their apartments during all academic year breaks for no extra fee.
Caesar Chavez Day (Administrative Holiday)
Last Day of Spring Break/Residence Halls Open at 10am
Spring Quarter Begins
Community Housing Program
April 5, 12-1pm | Zoom
Sublease Smarts Program
April 12, 12-1pm | Zoom
Join us April 15, from 9am - 3pm for an all-inclusive look into life at UC Santa Barbara. From resource fairs to live performances to tours, Open House is one of the most exciting events of the year! Come learn about academics, housing, student life, recreation, and more.
Over the course of the day potential students will have the opportunity to learn about the UCSB housing experience, and ask our professional and student staff a myriad of questions. Throughout Storke Plaza we will have mock triple rooms set-up with actual residence hall furniture; posters and flyers describing our residence halls and apartments; and tables representing various areas within Housing, Dining & Auxiliary Enterprises, including UCSB Campus Dining. Big screen TVs will also broadcast videos and virtual tours.
Registration is required, so sign up at: https://tinyurl.com/nhf63kzt to RSVP and receive further details about the event. We hope to see you there!
Sublease Smarts Program
April 19, 6-7pm | Zoom
Memorial Day (Administrative Holiday)
Last Day of Spring Classes
Spring Quarter Final Exam Week Starts
Spring Quarter Ends
Commencement takes place June 17 - 18, 2023.
UCSB Residence Halls Close
UCSB Apartments Close
Summer Quarter Begins
Independence Day (Administrative Holiday)
Labor Day (Administrative Holiday)
Summer Quarter Ends
September 23 - 24, 2023
Fall Quarter Begins
Week of Welcome
Week of Welcome activities September 25 - 27, 2023.
New Student Convocation