Students Living in the UCSB Residence Halls are not guaranteed a campus parking space. Parking is very limited and we recommend that you plan on not having a vehicle and use other means of transportation to travel to off-campus destinations. If you do not receive a parking space please do not bring a car with you to UCSB. Other parking is not available (i.e. street parking in Isla Vista). Please note, you cannot apply for parking until you have your residence hall assignment in early September.
- Main Campus Residence Halls (Anacapa, Manzanita Village, San Miguel, San Nicolas, San Rafael, Santa Cruz & Santa Rosa)
- Santa Catalina Residence Hall (please note, Santa Catalina Residence Hall parking is only available in campus lots #57W with some overflow in Lot #50.)
Only one parking space is allocated per apartment in the Storke and West Campus Family Student Housing apartment complexes. Visit UCSB Transportation & Parking Services to create an account to receive your e-permit. Residents can get on a waiting list for a second vehicle permit after moving in. Residents are not permitted to park a second car in Family Student Housing parking lots unless and until a second permit is issued.
Each resident in San Clemente Villages is eligible to receive a parking permit at no extra charge. There are enough parking spaces for every resident. Visit UCSB Transportation & Parking Services to create an account for your e-permit.
San Clemente Villages residents who are non-H50 parking permit holders are eligible for two San Clemente Villages parking codes per month. Please call 805-893-4501 to inquire about receiving a parking code that renews every month. If a resident does have a parking permit, they are not eligible to receive the parking codes.
A limited number of parking spaces are available for those that wish to bring cars. Parking is not guaranteed on-site and may be located up to one mile away from your residence. ePermits for all University-owned residences can be purchased online via UCSB Transportation & Parking Services. Please visit their website for up-to-date information: tps.ucsb.edu
Be Car Free in Santa Barbara
- City Buses (MTD): UCSB students may ride the MTD bus for free by showing a valid student ACCESS card. Connections to UCSB, Isla Vista, Goleta, and Santa Barbara. See www.sbmtd.gov for info and schedules or call 805-683-3702.
- Greyhound Bus: located in the Train Depot next to the Amtrak station downtown. (805-965-7551)
- Amtrak: there are two local stations, one in Goleta and another downtown on lower State Street.
- Airlines: the Santa Barbara Airport is adjacent to the UCSB campus.
- Santa Barbara Airbus: local transportation to LAX and Burbank Airports. Charters, play & concert connections, and much more. See www.sbairbus.com for info and pricing or call 805-964-7759.
- Taxi Cab Service: check the yellow pages. See Tips for Taking a Taxicab in Santa Barbara.
- UCSB's Transportation Alternatives Program
- Zipcar: offers access to cars parked right on campus by the hour or by the day.