MORE THAN 300 UC SANTA BARBARA STUDENTS and their families enjoy a community feel in the Storke Family Student Housing apartment complex. Buildings are situated around large lawn spaces and courtyards, and picnic tables and BBQs are located throughout the complex. Amenities include a community center, a study room, a playground, and a community garden where residents can grow their own fruits and vegetables. Professional live-in staff and Resident Assistants are available for after-hours assistance and community building.
- Location: 786 Laurel Walk
- Buildings are connected by stairs (there is no elevator access to second or third floors), and the complex consists of 342 unfurnished two-bedroom apartments on a 15+ acre site.
- Contract includes wired internet access, regular housekeeping and landscaping in community spaces, on-site laundry rooms, parking, water, garbage pick-up, and 24-hour on-call maintenance and emergency staff.
- Kitchens are equipped with wood cabinets, a gas stove, exhaust fan, electric refrigerator, and garbage disposal. Major appliances other than those furnished are not permitted.
- Bathrooms have a tub-shower unit, wash basin, toilet and medicine cabinet.
- Window coverings or shutters are provided throughout.
- Parking is limited to one space per apartment. Permits for a second vehicle are limited and only available through a wait list process. A permit may be purchased to park your second car in one of our other facilities. For more information about parking, please visit our Parking page.
- Schools are located from one block to three miles away.
- Don't feel like cooking? UCSB Residential Dining offers students who don't live in the residence halls the option to eat in the UCSB dining commons during the academic year (also see our Summer Meal Plans).
To inquire about gender-inclusive housing options available for students that identify as trans* or non-binary, please contact University & Community Housing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.