West Campus Family
THE WEST CAMPUS FAMILY STUDENT HOUSING apartment complex, the least expensive housing option at UC Santa Barbara, is home to 250 students and their families. Buildings are situated around large fenced in lawn spaces where kid-friendly activities are planned throughout the year. Amenities include an on-site playground, a community center, a study room, BBQ grills, and a community garden with an area for composting. Professional live-in staff and Resident Assistants are available for after-hours assistance and community building.
- Location: 555 Storke Rd
- Buildings are connected by stairs (there is no elevator access to second floors), and the complex consists of 168 one-bedroom and 82 two-bedroom unfurnished living units in 38 buildings. The two-bedroom apartments have two stories, with living room and kitchen on the ground floor, and two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs.
- Contract includes wired internet access, regular housekeeping and landscaping in community spaces, on-site laundry rooms, parking, water, gas, electricity, garbage pick-up, and 24-hour on-call maintenance and emergency staff.
- Kitchens are equipped with wood cabinets, a gas stove, exhaust fan, electric refrigerator, and garbage disposal. Major appliances other than those furnished are not permitted.
- Bathrooms have a tub-shower unit, wash basin, toilet and medicine cabinet.
- Window coverings or shutters are provided throughout.
- Parking is limited to one space per apartment. Permits for a second vehicle are limited and only available through a wait list process. A permit may be purchased to park your second car in one of our other facilities. For more information about parking, please visit our Parking & Transportation page.
- Schools are located from one block to three miles away.
- An exercise room in the Santa Ynez apartment complete is available to all residents of Family Student Housing for a small membership fee.
- Don't feel like cooking? UCSB Residential Dining offers students who don't live in the residence halls the option to eat in the UCSB dining commons during the academic year (also see our Summer Meal Plans).
- For more information about parking, please visit our Parking page.
To inquire about gender inclusive housing options available for students that identify as trans* or non-binary, please contact Mario Muñoz, University & Community Housing Services, at email@example.com.