SANTA CRUZ RESIDENCE HALL is home to undergraduate students and is a short walk to Campus Point Beach, one of the most popular surfing spots in Santa Barbara. Various rooms have beautiful views of the ocean, campus, mountains, and spacious lawns, and the building features a large community lounge for events and studying, a classroom, a TV room, a recreation room, study lounges, kitchenettes, and more. Professional live-in staff and Resident Assistants are available for after-hours assistance and community building.
- Men and women reside in adjacent wings on each floor, which are connected by stairs (there is no elevator access to the second floor.)
- Large, single-gender bathroom on each wing with multiple sinks, toilet stalls, and private showers Limited number of rooms adapted to needs of physically disabled students and wheelchair accessible
- All inclusive nine-month contract includes a meal plan, high-speed wireless internet access, regular housekeeping, laundry rooms, and 24-hour on-call maintenance and emergency staff
- All residence hall rooms are fully furnished and the following is already included: bed, desk, chair, dresser, mirror, towel bar, wastebasket, and drapes
- Living Learning Communities: First Year Residential Experience (FYRE), Chicanx/Latinx Scholars. LLCs provide a unique and engaging experience through cultural, identity or academic themes.
- Live-in staff members facilitate social, academic and educational opportunities through utilization of a curricular approach.
- For more information about parking, please visit our Parking page
To inquire about gender inclusive housing options available for students that identify as trans* or non-binary, please contact Mario Muñoz, University & Community Housing Services, at email@example.com.
- The state-of-the-art Marine Biotechnology Laboratory Building that accommodates ocean and environmental research and teaching.
- Get fit and breathe fresh air at the nearby Outdoor Gym with exercise stations.