A smiling student studies in the Santa Ynez apartment common area.
THE SANTA YNEZ APARTMENT COMPLEX for third and fourth year undergraduate students is conveniently located between the main campus and Isla Vista, and is accessible via bus or an off-street bike path. Santa Ynez has wonderful views of the mountains, BBQ areas throughout the complex, three community centers, a fitness center, and many open spaces for playing and studying. Professional live-in staff and Resident Assistants are available for after-hours assistance and community building.
- Location: 6750 El Colegio Road
- Santa Ynez consists of 200 two-bedroom furnished apartments in two-story buildings connected by stairs (there is no elevator access to second floor apartments).
- All inclusive nine-month contract includes high-speed wireless internet access, regular housekeeping and landscaping in community spaces, on-site laundry room, gas, electricity, water, garbage pick-up, and 24-hour on-call maintenance and emergency staff.
Bedrooms are carpeted and contain an extra long twin size bed, a closet, a drawer, a desk and chair for each student.
- Kitchens have vinyl flooring and are equipped with cabinets, a sink with garbage disposal, a stove, an oven, and a refrigerator.
Living/Dining Rooms are carpeted and furnished with a couch, chair, end tables, coffee table, lamps, dining table and dining chairs, and an entertainment center cabinet.
Bathrooms have a tub-shower unit, wash basin, toilet and medicine cabinets.
- Living & Learning Communities: Lavender Living
- Live-in staff members facilitate social, academic and educational opportunities through utilization of a curricular approach.
- Don't feel like cooking? UCSB Residential Dining offers students who don't live in the residence halls the option to eat in the UCSB dining commons during the academic year through the Off Campus Meal Plan.
- For more information about parking, please visit our Parking page.
To inquire about gender-inclusive housing options available for students that identify as trans* or non-binary, please contact University & Community Housing Services at email@example.com.
- Tenaya Market & Eatery, a full-service market with a coffee bar and ready-made food to go.
- Santa Ynez Fitness Center featuring exercise machines, free weights, and sporting equipment available for check out.
Front Desk: 805-893-4501
A student bicycles through the Santa Ynez apartments' scenic common grounds.
Santa Ynez Apartment walkways and garden.
Exterior view of the Santa Ynez Apartment building.
Students and staff play soccer on the lawn area.
An exterior backside view of the Santa Ynez apartments.
An exterior view of a two-story apartment building in the Santa Ynez complex.
A student studies under the trees on the common grounds.
Students in the stairwell of the Santa Ynez complex having a conversation.
Inside the common living area of a Santa Ynez apartment.
A living room inside the Santa Ynez apartments.
Example of a Santa Ynez Apartment Double Bedroom
Example of a Santa Ynez double. Bed and desk perspective.
The fitness room inside of the Santa Ynez apartments.