We strive to provide a safe, inclusive, comfortable, and supportive living environment for all students residing on campus. For more information and resources, please see below. When you're ready to apply for housing, please visit our Apply Overview page for the application for your respective class level (freshman, transfer, graduate student, etc.)
Information & Resources
- LGBTQ+ Themed Housing are options specifically designated for LGBTQ+ students and their allies. Residential & Community Living staff work closely with the Resource Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity on educational and social programming that promotes a welcoming and supportive environment for all members of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Gender Inclusive Housing is intended to provide trans and non-binary students with comfortable living options. Students who choose this option will work one-on-one with staff to find a living arrangement that is best for them. To inquire about gender-inclusive housing options available for students that identify as trans* or non-binary, please contact the LGBTQIA+ Housing Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Co-ed Housing allows for mixed-gender roommate groups, by request, to share the same unit/room in Manzanita Village, San Rafael Residence Hall or any UCSB apartment. Students are able to create mixed-gender roommate groups through the standard room selection process.
Gender Inclusive Housing may be an option in San Nicolas Residence Hall, Manzanita Village, San Rafael Residence Hall, Santa Catalina Residence Hall or any UCSB apartment.
- San Nicolas Residence Hall is a community primarily made up of first year students. The Gender Inclusive Floor in San Nicolas is for trans, non-binary and cisgender students that choose to live in a gender inclusive community. This floor includes communal restrooms that are shared by residents of all genders.
- Manzanita Village is a residence hall community primarily made up of first and second year undergraduates. The Rainbow House has been a supportive environment for LGBTQ+ students since 2005, connecting students to LGBTQ+ organizations, hosting social and educational events, and facilitating a mentorship program.
- Santa Ynez is a UCSB apartment complex for upper division continuing and transfer students. Lavender Living is a new LGBTQ+ housing option in the Gibraltar Village of Santa Ynez. Lavender Living will provide opportunities for students to engage in an apartment community that is supportive of LGBTQ+ identities.
- Santa Barbara Student Housing Cooperative provides low rent housing for UC Santa Barbara students in six complexes furthering the principles of cooperation through mutual, self-help living. Newman House is LGBTQ+ themed.
- UCSB Off-Campus Rental Listings gives you access to privately-owned housing in the community. Households may be designated LGBTQ+ friendly and students looking for housing may designate in their posting that they desire LGBTQ+ friendly housing.
- St. George & Associates provides options specifically designated for LGBTQ+ and their allies. Units with a variety of bedspace options and prices are located at both Beach City (Santa Barbara) and Campus 880 (Isla Vista). Contact the leasing manager at 805-568-4828 or email email@example.com.
If you have questions about the online application process, please contact University & Community Housing Services at 805-893-4371 or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our Rates page for fee information, and our Billing page for help navigating the payment process.