Can I live in University Housing if I am not a full-time student?


As a student living in University Housing, you are required to be enrolled as a full-time student during the academic year. To be considered a full-time student, undergraduates must take a minimum of 12 units per quarter and graduate students must take a minimum of 8 units per quarter. Each student is allowed to carry a deficit load (fewer units than full-time status) once per academic year and no action is required. If an additional quarter is needed, students must submit a petition to request an exception to the policy through University & Community Housing Services by contacting their office at or 805-893-4371.