Rental Listing Service
We offer a rental-listing service providing information and advising for students, faculty, and staff looking for off-campus housing. All UCSB students, staff, and faculty can log in with their UCSB NetID and search rental listings that are available exclusively to those associated with UCSB.
Community Living Options
Plan Your Budget:
- First month’s rent and security deposit
- Last month’s rent to be paid in advance (in some cases)
- Start-up costs for utility deposits, household necessities, and linens
- Allocations for transportation, entertainment, and clothing
- Food costs average $195.00 per month
- Utility costs average $100.00 per month for apartments (gas, electricity and cable)
- Water and trash service are usually included in the rent
- Transportation: Students usually bike or walk to campus from Isla Vista. Bus service is free and available throughout Santa Barbara
Note: Most apartments in Isla Vista, Goleta, and Santa Barbara are unfurnished.
The Cost of Living in Santa Barbara
|Room in Home*
Rooms in private (non-student) homes usually include utilities.