Sierra Madre Apts
THE SIERRA MADRE APARTMENT COMPLEX for UCSB faculty and staff is located about 1.5 miles from campus and is adjacent to 650 acres of coastal habitats and walking trails. The complex was designed with sustainability in mind and has achieved LEED* Platinum certification, the highest possible rating for sustainable building practices. There are three community BBQs for your outdoor culinary pleasures and the many nearby options for shopping, movies, dining, and ice skating are an added plus!
*Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design. LEED is a program administered by the U.S. Green Building Council in an effort to encourage energy and water efficiency; improve indoor environmental quality; use recycled, renewable, and locally available materials; and optimize the way the building and its site interact with the surrounding area. Within each category, points are assigned for the use of different design measures, material choices, or construction practices, the accumulation of which leads to one of four levels of certification, Platinum being the highest.
- Located at 505 Storke Road
- The three-story building with common rooms and elevator access consists of 35 unfurnished apartments for faculty and staff. There are 28 two-bedroom/two-bath units (approximately 894 sq ft) and seven three-bedroom/two-bath units (1123 sq ft).
- Many amenities and sustainable design measures were incorporated into the Sierra Madre Apartment project, including Energy Star Appliances, stainless steel refrigerators, electric stoves, dishwashers, low flow toilets and faucets, dual pane windows, full size stackable washers and dryers, and 100% LED lighting throughout. There are also granite countertops and solid wood cabinetry in the kitchens.
- The monthly rent includes water, gas, sewer, and trash service utilities. Month-to-month lease; no pets; no smoking; one-month security deposit.
- Tenaya Market & Eatery, a full-service market with a coffee bar and ready-made food to go.
- North Campus Open Space that boasts more than 2.5 miles of trails with scenic views and connectivity with the California Coastal Trail.
- UCSB Map
- Liana Decierdo: 805-893-4448
- Maintenance Work Request
- For current Sierra Madre residents: call UCPD at 805-893-3446 for after hours non-emergency services (911 for emergencies).