Important Information & Resources
Our maintenance staff will enter your apartment within five business days of your request being submitted to perform an initial move-out inspection. The goal of this inspection is to assess the condition of your apartment and to plan the necessary work to prepare your apartment for the next resident. To aid our staff in this inspection, please prepare your apartment as soon as possible by doing the following:
- Clear the stovetop and countertops of items and remove any foil/liners you have added;
- Clear the area on your patio around the water heater to allow access (if applicable);
- Clear the area around your bedroom French doors so they can be opened (if applicable);
- Remove items from around your toilet;
- Remove area rugs for assessment of flooring.
If you decide to have an additional (optional) preliminary inspection, you can schedule one by calling your complex office. This is an optional inspection where you can ask about cleaning suggestions or other questions.
- Start packing early: Pack coats, shoes, or items that you don’t use often. This will make it much less stressful to pack up your car when it comes time to move.
- We support waste reduction, reuse & recycling. Here are some tips to achieving a zero waste move out
- Donate what you can. IV GIVE collects unwanted items from UCSB/IV residents, including clothing, furniture, electronics, household items, toiletries, books, and nonperishable foods. Drop-off containers are located at the UCSB Residence Halls, UCSB Apartments, and Embarcadero Hall in early June. The GIVE Sale in 2019 is on Saturday, June 22nd and Sunday, June 23rd from 8am-5pm at Embarcadero Hall. Proceeds benefit IV non-profits and projects.
- Remove recyclables early. Recycle bins tend to fill up at the end of the quarter as everyone prepares to move out. Clear out old notebooks, extra papers, and accumulated bottles and cans early to prevent the overflow. This also helps to reduce clutter.
- Swap items with friends. Check in with your friends and neighbors to see if anyone has interest in that old sweater that you only wore once this winter, textbooks for next year’s classes, or even one of your spare water bottles. Exchange clothing, furniture, and books on Facebook as well.
- Pack with reusable or recyclable materials. Use reusable bins and bags, such as laundry baskets, to pack your belongings. Avoid using plastic trash bags. Use recycled boxes if needed ─ check a local grocery store, liquor store, or your workplace. Avoid using tape. Fold the flaps of your cardboard boxes so they will not require tape. Instead of bubble wrap, try household towels or newspaper for fragile items. Make sure to reuse or recycle all of your packaging later.
- Properly dispose of your items. Large furniture items should not be discarded on the sidewalks. Marborg conducts large-item pickups in Isla Vista during the last two weeks of June.
- E-waste can be dropped off at the residence halls, the library, and more.
- Compost any food waste that you clean out of the fridge.
Follow the above tips and together we can make a difference in supporting UCSB on its way to becoming a sustainable community!
If you have a parking permit, it must be returned to Transportation & Parking Services (TPS) upon moving out. If it's not returned to TPS, there's a $25 fee.
- To forward your mail, fill out the applicable change of address form(s) at:
- Utilities: contact cable, water delivery or any special utility or vendor services to cancel service
- Work requests: submit work requests online to report any maintenance issues at our Get It Fixed page
- Bicycles must be removed from UCSB property or they will be considered abandoned and disposed of accordingly
- Campus Storage: If you have questions please contact them directly at 1-877-99-CAMPUS or 1-877-992-2678 or info@CampusStorage.com.
- Dormbox: If you have questions please contact them directly at 949-424-6576 or email@example.com (please note, there is no "m" at the end of their website and email address.