Video Application Guidelines
- No more than three (3) minutes in length. Please do not go over the 3-minute time limit.
- All candidates must record their videos on Zoom and upload them to YouTube. You are free to delete them/make them private at the end of the RA Selection process (beginning of April).
- In the event that you do not have access to a laptop, you may reach out to the library for laptop access or use your phone to record as long as there is no visual component.
- Your application should have no visual component (audio only). This means your camera should be turned off/covered before you begin recording. If you choose to record on your phone, please be sure your camera lens is covered.
- Include your name, both verbally and within the file submission (i.e. RA_ApplicantName).
- Answer both application questions clearly and concisely.
- Please be sure that we can hear you loud and clear!
- You can record as many times as you wish but you can only submit one final video.
- Be sure to include a link to the video in your application.
- Be yourself! We want to get a sense of who you are as a person.
Again, please be sure to view the tutorial on how to record, upload, and submit your video application. Directions will also be listed on the application portal. If the video contains visual components and does not follow all guidelines, the application will not be considered.
Best of luck!
Video Application Questions
Please follow the directives as stated below.
- Please share with us why you would like to become a Resident Assistant (RA). Please highlight two skills you feel you bring to the role.
- In your video say “Question 1” before you begin to respond to Question 1.
- Example: “Question One. I am applying to be an RA because….”
- In Residential and Community Living, we embrace the following values in our efforts to build community - Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Social Justice, and Belonging. Tell us what community means to you, and share how you would utilize two (2) of the listed values to build community in the RA role.
- In your video say “Question 2” before you begin to respond to Question 2.
- Example: “Question Two. “When I hear the word community, to me it means…”
If you need any accommodations or have accessibility questions throughout the process, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org