I'm not feeling well. How do I get a "sick meal"?


Residence Hall Residents: Students who are unwell may have a friend retrieve and complete a sick meal form from their Residence Hall Front Desk and have it signed by a Resident Assistant (RA), Resident Director (RD) or Assistant Resident Director (ARD). The friend will then bring the form and the Access Card (if applicable) of the sick student to a dining commons to retrieve a meal. Sick meals are not available from Ortega.

UCSB Apartment Residents who currently have a UCSB Meal Plan: If you are too sick or medically unable to eat in-person in the dining commons, you can have a friend pick up a meal for you using one of your meal swipes from your meal plan. Your friend needs to pick up up a Sick Meal form from your Apartment Main office. The form will need to be signed by one of the Apartment Main Office staff. Sick meals are not available from Ortega.