- Residents in any residence hall may opt to stay over the Thanksgiving break without an additional fee.
- If you leave for the break, you may leave your belongings in your room.
Winter and Spring Breaks:
- Residence Halls will close by 10:00am on the Saturday prior to each break period, requiring students to vacate university housing by this time if they have not registered for break housing. Students are permitted to return when halls reopen again at 10:00am the Sunday prior to the start of instruction for the subsequent quarter.
- Students may leave their belongings in their rooms during Winter and Spring Break, as long as they have a housing contract for the subsequent quarter and plan to return to university housing.
- You may only stay in the residence halls during winter and/or spring break if you have registered for break housing with UCHS and pay the associated fee for staying. Emails will be sent to your student account prior to the break both by UCHS and Residence Hall Lead Staff providing notice to give students plenty of time to complete the necessary contract in order to stay.
- Please note that minimal services are provided during break periods (e.g., dining commons are closed and only limited staffing remains in the buildings).
- Information about preparing for winter and spring breaks will be posted in all residence halls prior to each break period.
- Students approved for break housing will need to secure a temporary electronic key at their front desks prior to the break to gain access to their residence hall, as general student keys will be deactivated when halls close at 10:00am on Saturday.
UCSB Apartment residents may stay in their apartments during all academic year breaks for no extra fee.