Off Campus Meal Plans are now available to purchase for Spring 2020 quarter. Due to the impact of COVID-19, we have adjusted our Residential Dining meal program offering To-Go-Meals only. Anyone Purchasing an Off Campus Meal Plan will need to visit the following location for pick up: Adjacent to Portola at Linda Vista Room. Pick up times are: Breakfast 7:30-9:00am Mon-Fri, Lunch 11:45 am-1:15pm Mon-Fri, Dinner 5:30-7:00pm Mon-Sun, Brunch 10:30am-12:30pm Sat-Sun. Times and location are subjust to change.
Menus items will be larger restaurant style portions. Guests will be able to request 1 entree with choice of sides along with other accompanying parts of the meal. Please see our menus for more details. You must bring your Access Card and bring your own bag to carry meal items. Questions? Contact our General Dining Line at (805)893-3093.
Please click here for other dining options available on campus.
UCSB Residential Dining offers students not living in the residence halls the option to eat in the University-owned dining commons during the academic year (also see our Summer Meal Plans). This includes the three commons on the Main Campus: Ortega, Carrillo, and De La Guerra; and one on the Storke Campus: Portola
We will start accepting Spring Quarter meal plan request on April 2, 2020. Spring Quarter Meal Plans start on Monday, April 6, 2020. Once purchased no changes or cancellation until week 3 (4/13/20). Please read all the information on this site before requesting a meal plan.
- Monday (04/06/20) = First meal for Spring Quarter will be breakfast
- Sunday (05/24/20) = Last day to cancel or make changes to Spring Quarter meal plans
- Friday (06/12/20) = Last meal served for Spring Quarter will be dinner
- Monday (09/14/20) = We will begin accepting Fall Quarter meal plans requests
What you need to know:
- Meal plans are run on a quarter by quarter basis so you need to sign up each quarter. Plans will automatically cancel at the end of each quarter.
- Sign up online anytime during the quarter. The week you select for the meal plan to start is the rate for the remainder of the quarter.
- An ACCESS card (with a workng magnetic stripe that will swipe at the dining commons) is required for every meal.
- Black & White ACCESS 'ID' cards are not acceptable.
- Meal plans run Monday-Sunday.
- Meals do not roll over to the following week.
- Excess meals are charged to BA/RC (guest meal rate).
- NOTE: you may begin using your meals the week you select your meal plan to start on the online application but it may take up to 2 weeks before charges appear on the BA/RC statements. You will need the email verification that is sent to your umail as proof that you purchased a meal plan until your meal plan has been assigned on to your Access card.
Changes and Cancellations
- You can only change or cancel for the current or future week, so no change or cancellation allowed for weeks that have already past (When cancelling: the week you select to cancel your meal plan will be the week your meal plan will be cancelled for the remainder of the quarter. You only need to make one cancellation request to cancel your meal plan for the quarter.)
- Meal plans must be in effect for 2 weeks before a change or cancellation can be requested. Change and Cancel link will be back up after the second week of the quarter.
- Only one cancellation per quarter is allowed.
- Changes and cancellations cannot be made after the 8th week of the quarter.
Off Campus Meal Plan Pricing
Price selection reflects the cost of the meal plan for the remainder of the quarter.
Guests in the Dining Commons (Due to the impact of COVID-19, we have a no guest policy at this time)
Please see our Guest Meal Policy for prices and information.
Your online purchase of a meal plan indicates your agreement to abide by the policies and procedures listed above as well as the Residence Hall Life policies. Any lack of cooperation or lack of civility while in the dining rooms will jeopardize your dining privilege, subject you to university discipline and could also lead to more serious consequences.
We reserve the right to deny the provision of meal plan privileges for non-compliance with any policy or procedure.
For more information please contact 805-893-3093.