The West Campus Apartments are the least expensive Family Student Housing option at UCSB. Two story buildings are built around large fenced in lawn spaces where kid-friendly activities are planned throughout the year. Resident Coordinators are available for after-hours assistance and community building.
- Location: one mile west of Campus, within walking distance of the Pacific Ocean, and close to shopping centers.
- Available to students only.
Two-story buildings connected by stairs (there is no elevator access to second floors).
168 one-bedroom and 82 two-bedroom unfurnished living units in 38 two-story buildings.
- The two-bedroom apartments have two stories, with living room and kitchen on the ground floor, and two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs.
- Contract includes wired internet access, regular housekeeping and landscaping in community spaces, on-site laundry rooms, parking, water, gas, electricity, garbage pick-up, and 24-hour on-call maintenance and emergency staff.
- Kitchen and bathroom floors are vinyl tile, and most living rooms, hallways, and bedrooms are carpeted.
- Window coverings in living room and bedroom.
- Amenities include an on-site playground and a community garden with an area for composting.
- The Family Student Housing’s Tenant’s Association, the resident government, plans events and represents residents’ needs.
- For a small fee, West Campus residents have access to the Santa Ynez Apartments Fitness Center to work out and check out sporting equipment.
- Don't feel like cooking? UCSB Residential Dining offers students who don't live in the residence halls the option to eat in the UCSB dining commons during the academic year (also see our Summer Meal Plans). The UCSB-owned and operated Tenaya Market & Eatery is conveniently located at the San Joaquin Villages apartment across the street, and offers local and sustainable food options as well.
- For information about contracts, billing, etc., please contact University & Community Housing Services.
- Front Desk: (805) 893-2617
To inquire about gender inclusive housing options available for students that identify as trans* or non-binary, please contact Mario Muñoz, University & Community Housing Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*rates are subject to change / *there is also an annual $36 activity fee for the Family Student Housing Tenant's Union.