SAN JOAQUIN VILLAGES, UC Santa Barbara's newest apartment complex, is home to approximately 1,000 3rd and 4th year undergraduate students. This urban style apartment complex is only a 10-minute off-street bike ride from the middle of campus, and is conveniently located adjacent to four bus lines with 247 week day rides. Students can access basic resources like grocery stores, restaurants, banks, and the university all by public transportation. There is also an on-site market, Tenaya Market & Eatery, offering local and sustainable food options. San Joaquin has four faculty in residence who advise residents, and provide opportunities for residents to meet other faculty members. Professional live-in staff and Resident Assistants are available for after-hours assistance and community building. San Joaquin Villages is a highly resource efficient building that saves water, energy and reduces green house gases and has achieved LEED Platinum certification.
- Located at Storke Campus Housing Complex adjacent to Santa Catalina Residence Hall.
- 650 Storke Road: San Joaquin North Villages (Elsinore Court, Calaveras Court, Malibu Court, Ramona Court)
- 750 Storke Road: San Joaquin Tower Villages (Tenaya North, Tenaya South)
- 3-bedroom apartments, mostly double occupancy with 2 students per bedroom. For 2018-19 there are 50~ triples located throughout the apartment complex.
- All apartments are fully furnished, and the kitchen includes a dishwasher and microwave.
- The North Village is comprised of 107 3-bedroom 2-bath apartments in four 2- to 3-story buildings. Along Storke Road are two 6-story Towers that have top-floor terraces that overlook a central plaza of courtyards and open space. The North Tower has 24 3-bedroom 2-bath apartments, and the South Tower has 34 3-bedroom 2-bath apartments.
- There is one elevator per each of the two towers, and one in each of the clusters in North Village which are accessible via bridge walks between the buildings.
- The nearby 2-story Portola Dining Commons has an outdoor patio with views of the mountains and pool deck area.
- Amenities include study rooms throughout the entire complex, a ResNet Office, a RHA office, a UCPD/CSO satellite office, a counseling center, a wellness center with massage chair, and the Tenaya Market & Eatery offering local and sustainable food options.
- All-inclusive 9-month contract includes high-speed wireless internet access, regular landscaping and housekeeping in community spaces, on-site laundry rooms, gas, electricity, water, garbage pick-up, and 24-hour on-call maintenance and emergency staff.
- Parking is off-site, adjacent to the stadium in lot 38. For more information, please visit the Parking & Transportation page.
- Living Learning Communities: Chicanx/Latinx Scholars
- The project achieved LEED* Platinum certification and employs sustainable design measures including a stormwater retention basin, energy efficient windows, and energy-star appliances for all kitchens. To learn more, please visit UCSB Continuing to LEED the Way.
- Don't feel like cooking? UCSB Residential Dining offers students who don't live in the residence halls the option to eat in the UCSB dining commons during the academic year (also see our Summer Meal Plans).
- For information about contracts, room assignments, billing, etc., please contact University & Community Housing Services.
To inquire about gender inclusive housing options available for students that identify as trans* or non-binary, please contact Mario Muñoz, University & Community Housing Services, at email@example.com.
*Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design. LEED is a program administered by the U.S. Green Building Council in an effort to encourage energy and water efficiency; improve indoor environmental quality; use recycled, renewable, and locally available materials; and optimize the way the building and its site interact with the surrounding area. Within each category, points are assigned for the use of different design measures, material choices, or construction practices, the accumulation of which leads to one of four levels of certification, platinum being the highest.
|3 bedrooms (2 occupants/room)||$737/month*|
|3 bedrooms (3 occupants/room)||$648/month*|
*rates are subject to change / **also check out our off-campus mealplan / ***there is also an activity fee for the Community Council which is $27/yr