El Dorado is a two-story apartment complex built around a community pool, sundeck, and BBQ area. It is home to 140 3rd and 4th year students and is only a 5-minute bike ride from the middle of campus. El Dorado has two resident assistants who are available for after-hours assistance and community building.
- Location: 6667 El Colegio Road at the intersection of Los Carneros Road.
- All inclusive 9-month contract includes high-speed wireless internet access, regular housekeeping and landscaping in community spaces, on-site laundry room, gas, electricity, water, garbage pick-up, and 24-hour on-call maintenance and emergency staff.
- Two-story building connected by stairs (there is no elevator access to the second floor).
- 27 one-bedroom and 23 two-bedroom apartments, all double occupancy with 2 students per bedroom.
- All apartments are fully furnished.
- Amenities include a swimming pool with sundeck and BBQ area, study/classroom space, and a recreational room with a fireplace, a foosball table, an air hockey table, a ping-pong table, a television, and vending machines.
- Parking is available, but limited.
- El Dorado residents have access to the Santa Ynez Apartments Fitness Center to work out and check out sporting equipment.
- Don't feel like cooking? UCSB Residential Dining offers students who don't live in the residence halls the option to eat in the UCSB dining commons during the academic year (also see our Summer Meal Plans). The UCSB-owned and operated Tenaya Market & Eatery is conveniently located at the San Joaquin Villages apartment complex at the corner of El Colegio and Storke Roads, and offers local and sustainable food options as well.
- For information about contracts, room assignments, billing, etc., please contact University & Community Housing Services.
- Want to see how UCSB students have transformed their room into their new home? Check out our Real UCSB Rooms board on Pinterest!
- Front Desk: (805) 893-4501
To inquire about gender inclusive housing options available for students that identify as trans* or non-binary, please contact Mario Muñoz, University & Community Housing Services, at email@example.com.
|1 bedroom (2 occupants/room)||$809/month*|
|2 bedroom (2 occupants/room)||$759/month*|
*For Fall 2020 all undergraduate apartment spaces are currently assigned as single occupancy rooms for which students will pay $887 per month (utilities included).
*rates are subject to change / **also check out our off-campus mealplan / ***there is also an activity fee for the Community Council which is $27/yr