THE RESIDENTIAL HOUSING ASSOCIATION (RHA) is an organization for all students in the UC Santa Barbara residence halls. The purpose of RHA is to represent residence hall student concerns and to sponsor educational, social, recreational and diversity focused programs. During the year, RHA plans a large number of diverse events such as an All Hall Talent Show, All Hall Ball and the annual Sandcastles Day. UC Santa Barbara’s RHA is nationally recognized for its quality and variety of activities. We represent resident interests to the campus as well as issues such as parking and health insurance. Participation in RHA is open to everyone. Elections for Floor and Hall Council officers are held early in the fall quarter. If you are interested in a hall officer position, see your RA. For more information, please visit their website: Residential Housing Association.
National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH)
- Top 1% of student leaders in the residence halls.
- Recognizes individuals who have contributed outstanding service to the residence hall community.
- Inductions into NRHH occur during spring quarter.
- Contact your Hall Council President or call the RHA Office for information on services and applications, 805-893-4877.
Floor or House positions
- To become involved, talk to your RA. Many different positions are available at this level.
- Elections held at the beginning of fall quarter.
- Positions available: President, Administrative Vice President, Treasurer, Activities Chair, Athletic Chair, Publicity Chair, Webmaster, NRHH/OTM Chair, MAC, Recognition Chair, Health and Wellness Chair, Community Service Chair and Environmental Awareness Programming Chair.
- Plans activities and programs for the entire building, purchases desk and recreation equipment, and represents the concerns of students in the building.
- Budget of $9/student in each living area.
Executive Council and Coordinating Board
- Executive Council consists of the President, 3 Vice-Presidents for Programming, Administrative Vice-President, Treasurer, NCC (National Communications Coordinator), NRHH President, Project Care Director, Webmaster, Media Coordinator, Lead MAC, QSEC, Community Service Coordinator, Environmental Awareness Coordinator (EAC), and 12 Representatives at Large.
- Elections take place spring quarter for the following year.
- Part of the RHA Coordinating Board with the presidents from each building and five On-Campus Associated Students Representatives.
- Serves as the main source of student input to the administrators of the residence halls and represents RHA’s views to Associated Students and other campus organizations and committees.
- Extensive equipment inventory ranging from karaoke to sound systems.
- Hall Councils can check out these items from the 3 RHA offices.
- To view a complete list of RHA equipment, please visit the RHA website
- Additional items available at each front desk, such as movies, ping pong balls, pool equipment and more.
Fees and Funding
- Residents pay a small fee as a part of their residence hall contract.
- The fee is divided up between a resident's floor or house, the building Hall Council, and the RHA Coordinating Board.
- Additional funding from vending machine and video game commissions.