APPLICATIONS FOR 2021-2022 HAVE NOW CLOSED.
Thanks to everyone who submitted! Click below for timeline information.
Residential & Community Living is looking for exceptional students to be Resident Assistants! RAs have the unique opportunity to build communities and make lifelong connections with their peers. If you’re looking to develop professional skills, make a positive impact on others, and be part of an amazing team, then consider applying to work with us. We’d love to have you on our team!
- Build strong communities and make human connections.
- Help foster a safe and welcoming environment for all.
- Promote academic success, learning, and wellness.
- Provide support and services to residents.
- Be present and engaged in the community.
- Be open-minded and willing to learn all of the above.
- Weekly staff meetings on Wednesday nights from 6:30-8:30 pm.
- Weekly one-on-one meetings with your supervisor.
- Weekly office or front desk shifts.
- Hosting programs and other community building initiatives.
- Serving on an after-hours on-call rotation with your staff, including holidays and breaks.
- Attending Student Leadership Development (SLD) training in September.
- Providing support during residence hall/apartment openings and closings, as well as special campus events (Halloween, Deltopia, Spring Open House, etc).
- Maintain full-time student status.
- Maintain an overall 2.3 GPA and a minumum 2.0 quarterly.
- Maintain eligibility to live within the community in which you work.*
- Maintain good academic and judicial standing with the University.
- Successfully pass a background check.
- Be eligible to work in the United States.
- Abide by all University, federal, state and local laws, policies, and procedures.
Undocumented students are welcomed and encouraged to apply, but must be able to provide proof of employment authorization.
If you are an international student, you must have a visa, F1 or J1, which allows you to work a university appointment up to 50%. The RA position is a 25% appointment. This position can be combined with other university appointments, such as a Teaching or Research Assistant position.
- Housing accommodations in your assigned community rent-free. (Gas, electricity, internet and water are included. RAs are not eligible for California Renter's Credit.)
- Single-occupancy room for Residence Hall RAs.
- Studio or one-bedroom unit for Undergraduate and Graduate Apartment RAs.
- One- or two-bedroom unit for Family Student Housing Apartment RAs.
- Weekly meal plan for Residence Hall RAs / Parking permit for Apartment RAs.
- A biweekly stipend of $40 for Residence Hall RAs / $90 for Apartment RAs.
- Professional development in skills such as customer service, event planning, conflict management, emergency response, and more.
- Learn more about campus resources and work with UCSB staff and faculty.
- Make lifelong connections with some of your fellow staff members and residents!