SAN CLEMENTE VILLAGES opened for fall quarter 2008 and is the first UCSB housing community for single graduate students. It is very close to the main campus and residents appreciate being a part of campus life. San Clemente Villages is a showcase of sustainable practice and is double certified LEED* Gold (Existing Buildings Operations & Maintenance in 2012 and New Construction in 2009). It is the largest university apartment complex in the country to have this distinction.
- Location: El Colegio Road at the corner of El Colegio and Stadium Roads (street numbers #6510 - #6550).
- Graduate students can choose their contract term:
- 9 month academic year contract
- 10 month contract (September 1 – July 1)
- 11.5 month contract (September 1 – August 15)
- 2 week contracts between August 15 – September 1 are granted for returners
- New single graduate students are guaranteed housing for their first year as long as they adhere to application procedures and deadlines. Apply here. (Continuing graduate students should apply here.)
- Three-story buildings connected by stairs with elevator access to every floor.
- 150 two-bedroom apartments (2 people per apartment) and 166 four-bedroom apartments (4 people per apartment).
- All apartments have private bedrooms and are fully furnished.
- Three community buildings provide recreational, meeting, and study space, and are conveniently located throughout the complex. The Castaic classroom includes an LCD Interactive Screen. A large community center in the middle of the complex provides space for residents to gather for special events.
- All inclusive contracts include high-speed wireless internet access, regular landscaping and housekeeping in community spaces, on-site laundry rooms, gas, electricity, water, garbage pick-up, parking, and 24-hour on-call maintenance and emergency staff response.
- In-residence staff are available for after-hours assistance, community building, and to facilitate activities such as yoga classes, pizza game nights, soccer games, open-mic nights, etc.
- Read what a graduate student had to say about living in San Clemente Villages: Elizabeth Rahilly Shares Her UCSB Housing Experience
- For a small fee, San Clemente residents have access to the Santa Ynez Apartments Fitness Center to work out and check out sporting equipment.
- Don't feel like cooking? UCSB Residential Dining offers students who don't live in the residence halls the option to eat in the UCSB dining commons during the academic year (also see our Summer Meal Plans). The UCSB-owned and operated Tenaya Market & Eatery is conveniently located at the San Joaquin Villages apartment complex at the corner of El Colegio and Storke Roads, and offers local and sustainable food options as well.
- Want to see how UCSB students have transformed their room into their new home? Check out our Real UCSB Rooms board on Pinterest!
To inquire about gender inclusive housing options available for students that identify as trans* or non-binary, please contact Mario Muñoz, University & Community Housing Services, at email@example.com.
*Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design is a rating system developed by the U.S. Green Building Council.
|2 bedroom (1 occupant/room)||$874 (per month/person)|
|4 bedroom (1 occupant/room)||$764 (per month/person)|
*rates are subject to change / **also check out our off-campus mealplan / ***there is also an activity fee for the Community Council which is $26/yr