March 19, 2019 - May 15, 2019
- Submit UCSB Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) by the deadline to be eligible to complete a residence hall contract (below).
- You must establish your UCSBnetID before you can complete the residence hall contract process.
- After you submit your SIR and establish your UCSBnetID, it may take up to five business days before you will be able to log in to access the housing contract process.
- Deadline to complete the residence hall preferences and contract to guarantee housing. The process closes on May 15, 2019 at 4:00pm.
- University housing is guaranteed as long as you complete your contract by May 15, 2019.
- UCSB does not require a housing deposit when you sign the contract. Fees for freshmen will be due in September. However, there is a cancellation fee. If you cancel on or prior to September 1, 2019, the cancellation fee is $350. For cancellations after September 1, 2019, contract holders are held rent responsible until a replacement is found.
- To confirm that University & Community Housing Services has received your completed preferences and contract, please refer to the Steps to Enrollment checklist on the Admissions website.
- Please check your U-Mail account directly and frequently so that you don’t miss any important messages from UCSB. It may not be reliable to forward your U-Mail to an alternate e-mail (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.). If you don’t receive a confirmation email from us within a few minutes of submitting your reservation, check your spam and trash folders.
- If you're participating in the Freshman Summer Start Program (FSSP), please visit our FSSP page for more information.
May 9, 2019-July 1, 2019
- Freshmen roommate process begins and takes place between these dates. Those who have completed a contract will be able to select specific roommates with whom they'd like to live.
- Finding a specific roommate is not required, and those who choose to not participate in this process will be assigned a roommate based upon their preferences expressed earlier in the process as space allows.
- You must SIR and establish your UCSBnetID and password before completing your housing contract.
- You must also activate your U-Mail account before you will be able to enter the housing contract process.
- Allow 1-3 business days from the time of activation before you can successfully access the contract process via the link below.
- We will send an e-mail to your U-Mail address once you having completed necessary steps and are able to access the housing contract process.
- If you don't need UCSB housing, you should indicate this on the first page of the contract process in order to complete the housing portion of the Steps to Enrollment checklist on the Admissions website.
If you have any questions about the housing contract process, please contact our office:
(805) 893-4371 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more infomation about rates and spaces, please take a minute to check the information provided at the link below:
2019-20 New Freshman Brochure
The 2019-20 Freshmen Housing Process for new freshmen opens on March 19, 2019 at 10am and closes on May 15, 2019 at 4pm. New freshmen in need of housing should select the link below.
2019-20 Housing Contract
The roommate process for new freshmen begins on May 9, 2019 at 10am and lasts until July 1, 2019. All roommates must have completed an application to be eligible for the roommate process.
2019-20 Roommate Process
For those Freshmen interested in cancelling their housing contract, please select the button below. Please note fees may apply:
2019-20 Contract Cancellation
If you have missed your housing deadline, you can still sign up on the waitlist for UCSB housing in case spaces become available.
2019-20 Housing Waitlist