UCSB Residential & Community Living is looking for energetic and enthusiastic Resident Assistants (RAs) for our graduate apartments!
APPLICATIONS FOR 2021-2022 HAVE NOW CLOSED.
Thanks to everyone who submitted! See below for timeline information.
Hello Potential Graduate RAs!
Thanks for showing interest in the RA position! Below you can find details about the application process, as well as our timeline. Please feel free to email us with any questions should any come up. Best of luck!
Returner candidates (current and former RAs), please click here.
Due to the dynamic and uncertain nature of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we will be making conditional offers to successful candidates by Spring Break. While we plan to open in fall at our normal capacity, the virus causes many complications and things may change. If at any time, our campus leadership decides that we cannot reopen our housing communities in Fall 2021, we may need to rescind our offer of the RA position.
We're looking to hire up to 9 total RAs for the following graduate communities!
- Applications for the 2021-22 Academic Year will open February 1, 2021 at 9am.
- Applications close on Tuesday, February 16 at 12pm (noon).
- Candidates are notified if they are advancing or not by Friday, February 26 by 5pm.
- Group Process takes place between Tuesday, March 2 through Thursday, March 4.
- Candidates are notified if they are advancing or not on Friday, March 5 by 5pm.
- Individual Interviews take place between Tuesday, March 8 through Tuesday, March 16.
- Candidates will be notified if they are being given a conditional offer or not by Spring Break.
Application: Closese 2/16 at 12pm (noon)
For your application, please review ouir RA Informational Video and the Residential & Community Living vision statements below. Based on these, please create a 1-2 minute video showing us why you would make a great RA. Please include a link to your video in your application. Please visit the application when it opens for uploading tips.
R&CL Vision Statements:
- Human connection is the heart of our work.
- We exemplify diversity and inclusivity.
- We are a catalyst for collaboration and co-creation.
- We recognize opportunities for growth when mistakes occur.
- We keep it fresh, vibrant and innovative.
- Must be 1-2 minutes in length.
- You must make an appearance in the video.
- Please include your name, either verbally or on screen somewhere.
- That's it. You can just sit in front of the camera and talk to us, make a creative video (think work-appropriate TikToks), record a lecture about yourself using PowerPoint and voiceover... You have creative control.
Want to know more about what the position entails? Check out our general RA Selection Info Video (for all candidates). Because the Graduate Apartments RA position differs a bit from their Undergraudate counterpart, we also offered virtual supplemental informational sessions for both GA and Family Student Housing candidates. You can also view a recording from one of these sessions below. Please click here to view the presentation slides.