|Breakfast||7:00am - 10:00am|
|Lunch||11:30am - 2:30pm|
|Dinner||5:00pm - 8:00pm|
|Saturday & Sunday|
|Brunch||10:30am - 2:00pm|
|Dinner||5:00pm - 8:00pm|
Recently opened in the fall of 2017, the new Portola Dining Commons is the largest of UCSB’s four dining commons. With floor-to-ceiling views of the surrounding mountains and an outdoor patio overlooking the pool at Santa Catalina Residence Hall, every seat is the best seat in the house. State of the art cooking equipment and open kitchens create a memorable dining experience as made-to-order items are prepared before your eyes. Classic dishes such as sliders, fries, and pizza are paired with a more grown up menu including spicy pork bowls, banh mi sandwiches, and egg tartines with aioli, kale and pesto. In addition to a focus on a wider variety of cuisines, Portola’s menu strives to provide a variety of delicious vegetarian and vegan options, with those dishes making up a growing percentage of the menu. Portola serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner Monday – Friday, and brunch and dinner Saturday and Sunday.
- The Brick:
- Selection of made-to-order pastas, pizzas, and flatbreads on homemade crust that are cooked in the Woodstone oven. There's always at least one vegetarian option at The Brick.
- Chef's Choice:
- Homey comfort foods offered as well as regional cuisine, including items cooked in the rotisserie oven. Selection of veggie dishes, potatoes, fresh bread, and different homemade soups each day.
- Sushi made fresh daily with a vegetarian/vegan option and a protein-based option, and choice of sauces to customize. Different bowl selections each day including ramen, pho, broth bowls, etc. Veggie dishes to pair with rice or other starches to complete your meal. Naan, skewers, and more from the Tandoori oven.
- The Grill:
- Made-to-order sandwiches, sliders, and burgers. Array of condiments including several house made dressings such as spicy ketchup. Buns and bread made in house or locally sourced. Breakfast offerings include scrambled eggs, egg whites, French toast, and other favorites that may even make an appearance on the lunch menu!
- Greens & Grains:
- Build a salad at the largest salad bar on campus! Choose from traditional ingredients, plus kale, sustainable tuna, tofu and other proteins, and house made dressings. For breakfast, enjoy oatmeal or 8-grain cereal, an assortment of yogurts, sliced fruits, or a choice of up to nine kinds of whole fruit. For lunch or dinner, enjoy baked potatoes with fixings, hot soups, fresh bread, made-to-order salads, wraps, sandwiches, and paninis.
- Full selection of water, tea, coffee (including a coffee machine for lattes, cappuccinos, etc.), assorted juices, milk, and soft beverages.
- Everything in the bakery is made in-house! Complete your lunch or dinner with a cookie, cupcake, or other sweet treat. Enjoy a tortilla fresh from the tortilla maker, or a piece of soft focaccia bread to pair with your soup or salad.