Welcome to Bread and (a Bit of) Butter (B&BB). For my first post I would like to introduce you to who I am, and what I will be writing about on this blog.
I’m Danielle Kemp, the Dining Services Dietitian at UCSB. Originally I am from the Bay Area, but headed south to study at Cal Poly. After graduation with a BS in nutrition, I moved to the Big Apple where I completed a yearlong dietetic internship at New York-Presbyterian Hospital. Upon completion of my internship and test I became a Registered Dietitian (RD) and moved back to California, more specifically Santa Barbara where I worked at Cottage Hospital. Since 2011 I have been with UCSB and have enjoyed my time here am excited to start sharing nutrition information with you.
On this blog I will be writing about nutrition, in a straightforward and realistic manner. Essentially what I want to answer is “what should I be eating?”
My intention is to post a couple times a week, but in the meantime, I’m open to receiving requests for topics. So check back often! And before you go, I’ll leave you with these facts about me:
• I am a runner, I ran track at Cal Poly, and my event was the 800. And I still run almost every single day
• I have completed one half marathon and one full marathon (never doing that again)
• I eat vegetables everyday
• I am married- just over 2 years
• I am a twin- we are fraternal