- You can incorporate physical activity into your daily routine by taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk to class instead of taking the bus. Every bit counts!
- Sit down once a week or in the morning and map out the coming week in your planner. Pencil your workouts into your schedule just like a class. It doesn’t need to be every day. Start with adding an activity you love three days a week.
- When pressed for time, focus on doing something that includes your entire body two to three times per week. You may consider lifting weights (in your dorm room), running, swimming or taking a class at the gym.
- Set reminders on your phone calendar, so you don’t forget your scheduled exercise time.
- You can still be flexible with your time. Remember there will be weeks when you might not be able to get as much physical activity as you hoped. But there will be other weeks that allow you to work out more. Some exercise can increase energy and decrease stress and anxiety. If time allows I would recommend getting some type of exercise during stressful weeks.
- Ask a friend to join you so that you can also incorporate some socializing into the experience.
- Start with something small. Maybe you are not familiar with the exercise, and you don’t know where to start. Just start with walking. Start slow and find something that you like. Don’t be afraid to try something new.
Santa Barbara is such a beautiful place, get out and enjoy this awesome place with mostly perfect weather!