Congratulations to all 4 Dining Commons in celebrating your first anniversary of being Green Business Certified! We also want to commend Special Events Catering & Concessions for achieving Green Certification in December.
Last February, all of our Dining Commons met stringent standards set by the Santa Barbara County Green Business Program and were certified as Green Businesses. Our Green Business Certification shows our commitment in supporting ‘green’ practices that positively affect our students, campus and local community by operating green facilities and providing earth-friendly dining.
UCSB Residential Dining Services has pledged:
- To be an environmentally responsible business within our community
- To conserve energy, water, materials and other resources
- To develop and implement practices that prevent pollution and waste
- To comply with all applicable regulations and strive to exceed compliance
- To strive for continuous improvement
With over 2 million meals served annually – Residential Dining has a substantial impact on the economy and environment both on campus and in the Santa Barbara County. We are glad to do our part by being environmentally-friendly and earth-friendly.