The Residential Dining Commons are currently closed. Fall planning is underway and dining information will be updated on our site as soon as it becomes available. Questions? Contact our General Dining Line at (805) 893-3093.
Residential Dining Staff – We are a passionate, dynamic and fun-loving team striving to satisfy diverse tastes and appetites by providing a wide variety of fresh, healthy, high quality food.
Our Commitment to Customers
- Providing a comfortable setting to enhance the living and learning process
- Preparing quality food daily on site to insure freshness and tastiness
- Offering multiple menu choices, various dining locations and extensive meal hours to meet a variety of needs and maximize convenience
- Resource staff to facilitate nutrition education and assist with dining issues that arise
- Caring for the environment by composting food waste, recycling cardboard, plastic, tin, glass, paper & vegetable oil, and using 'green' chemicals
Award Winning Program
- NACUFS Awards (National Association of College & University Food Services)
- Student Employee of the year
- President’s Award, Pacific Region
- Culinary Competition, Silver Medal
- Loyal E. Horton dining award for our residential dining program
- University employees provide the services (Chefs, Dietitians, Service Staff, Custodians and Management Personnel)
- Residential Dining is an integral part of Housing, Dining & Auxiliary Enterprises
- Financial goal = use Residents’ “Board dollars” to offer the best meals possible and balance the budget (a break even, non-profit operation)
- No tax dollars or contract companies are used to provide meal services.
- Gaucho Carte Blanche – unlimited swipes during meal periods; it’s ideal for students who want to come and go with maximum flexibility
- Gaucho Platinum – up to 17 swipes per week during meal periods; it’s perfect for students who want to eat most meals in the Dining Commons
- Gaucho Gold – up to 14 swipes per week during meal periods; if you’re on the go, or if breakfast seems too early, this meal plan accommodates to your needs by providing you with sufficient meals at the Dining Commons
- Gaucho Silver – up to 10 swipes per week during meal periods; if you work off-campus or go home every weekend, this meal plan is flexible for students who cannot always eat all of their meals on campus
- Gaucho Bronze – up to 7 swipes per week during meal periods in the four all-you-care-to-eat Dining Commons. The 7 meal plan option is only for 2nd year students and higher.
- Try out our new online NetNutrition® application -- available on the internet and via smartphone
- NetNutrition enables students to make educated choices by viewing nutrition information for items offered at the dining commons.
- Meet our dietitian and learn more about making smart choices while dining in the dining commons.
- Nutritionally balanced meals meet a myriad of dietary needs
- Menus are designed to include choices for vegans, vegetarians and those who want a low fat diet
- Fresh fruit, fresh vegetables and a variety of grains, nuts, legumes and juice with no sugar added are always available
- Locally grown and organic foods are integrated throughout the menu as part of the overall campus sustainability effort
- All milk is hormone free and cooking oils are trans fat-free
In Lieu of Meals Program
- Meals packed to go for groups of 10 or more people for events & meetings
- Up to 4 meals packed to go for camping & getaway trips
- See In Lieu of Meals for more information