If you have questions about UCSB's response to the pandemic and how it might affect your housing, please visit our COVID-19 information page for more information.
The following information is for single graduate, undergraduate, EAP or UCSB Extension students seeking UCSB housing for winter and spring quarters, or spring quarter only. Students applying for housing must have a valid email address and a UCSB perm number or UCSB Extension Student ID Number.
Winter Quarter Application Process
- November 16 - December 22, 2020
- Housing will be offered to eligible applicants based on a weighted lottery. The first round of contract offers will be made in late November.
- Available space will be based on anticipated vacancies.
- Students offered contracts must complete and return the contract by the deadline sent with their contract offer.
Spring Quarter Application Process
- Campus has decided not to open any additional housing for Winter or Spring Quarters. We are currently at capacity in our university apartments, and will not be opening residence halls for the 2020-21 academic year. However, we want to let you know that Tropicana Student Living has a few openings. This may be an option for you if you still intend to come to campus this academic year.
Summer/Fall Application Process
- At this point, the campus has not made definitive plans for summer or fall 2021 housing. It is our sincere hope that we will be able to open more spaces in the fall. We are cautiously optimistic that conditions will allow us to welcome more students back to campus by fall. The specifics of how many spaces, and the allocation process have yet to be determined. We continue to follow national, state, UC and local directions closely. We hope that we will have more clarity on our fall process by early summer.
- UCSB Housing Rates for apartments and residence halls. Please visit our Billing & Contracts page to help you navigate through the payment process.
- If you receive an undergraduate student contract, your contract will be valid through the end of Spring Quarter only. Housing applications for Summer Sessions or the next academic year must be submitted according to the timelines set for those application processes. Graduate students have the option to extend their contracts through August 15.
- If you want to cancel your contract after signing it, you will need approval from University & Community Housing Services and if approved, you will be charged a cancellation fee.
- Please check your U-Mail account directly and frequently so that you don’t miss any important messages from UCSB. It may not be reliable to forward your U-Mail to an alternate email (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) If you don’t receive a confirmation email from us within a few minutes of submitting your application, check your spam folder, and then contact our office: 805-893-4371.
|UNDERGRADUATE / EAP STUDENTS||GRADUATE STUDENTS||UCSB EXTENSION STUDENTS|
If you have any questions about the online application process please contact University & Community Housing Services at 805-893-4371 or email@example.com.
If you have signed a Winter-Spring 2021 Contract and are interested in Cancellation, please select the button below to do so. There is a $250 fee to cancel.
To inquire about gender inclusive housing options available for students that identify as trans* or non-binary, please contact Mario Muñoz, University & Community Housing Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.