The following information is for NEW UNDERGRADUATE TRANSFER students who will enter UCSB in Fall 2019 and would like to be guaranteed housing for 2019-2020 in the UCSB undergraduate apartments.
Housing Guaranteed for New Transfer Students (Fall 2019):
|UCSB guarantees 2 years of housing accommodations for newly admitted TRANSFER students in university undergraduate apartments for students who apply on time. Students who are New Transfers for the Winter or Spring Quarter, and seek housing for the remainder of the academic year should apply for housing through the Winter/Spring Housing Application.
- Return your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) by June 1, 2019.
- Establish your UCSB Net ID, and be sure that your U-Mail address is activated. It sometimes takes up to 10 days to activate your U-Mail address once you establish your UCSBnetID. You will not have access to the Undergraduate Apartment housing process until we have your U-Mail address.
- Complete the housing contract process between June 7-14, 2019. (Please note: You must return your SIR, establish your UCSBnetID, and activate your U-Mail before you can complete a Undergraduate Apartment contract so be sure to allow time for processing.)
- There is an option for incoming Fall 2019-20 Transfer students to access a limited number of Residence Hall spaces for the 2019-20 academic year. Space is limited and when they fill up, the Resdience Hall option will disappear off of the application. If you are interested in this option please try to log into the Transfer process early on June 7.
More instructions will be sent via U-Mail on June 4, 2019 to new transfer students who SIR by June 1, 2019 and establish their UCSB Net ID and U-Mail account.
*Note: There are no single occupancy spaces available for incoming transfer students. All of our apartment spaces for transfers for 2019-20 will be double and triple occupancy rooms.
- Complete and digitally sign the online contract by the due date.
- If you are a current 2018-19 resident with UCSB housing and wish to apply for a second year (2019-20), please apply during the Continuing Student Application process in Winter 2019.
- There is a cancellation fee if you wish to cancel your contract. If you cancel on or prior to September 1, 2019, the cancellation fee is $350. For cancellations after September 1, 2019, contract holders are held rent responsible until a replacement is found.
- Please check your U-Mail account directly and frequently so that you don’t miss any important messages from UCSB. It may not be reliable to forward your U-Mail to an alternate email (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.). If you don’t receive a confirmation e-mail from us within a few minutes of submitting your applicationand/ or contract, check your spam and junk folders.
- If you have any questions about the housing contract process, please contact University & Community Housing Services at 805-893-4371 during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm or e-mail your questions to email@example.com. You may also visit our Billing & Contracts page to help you navigate through the payment process.
2019-20 New Transfer Housing Brochure
2019-20 housing assignments and move-in information will be sent to students’ U-Mail addresses in early September. Please check your U-Mail directly to receive your assignments.
UCSB transfer students who have completed their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) for the 2019-20 academic year and set up their UCSB Net ID and umail are now welcome to use the button below to sign up for the Transfer Student housing waitlist.
2019-20 New Transfer Housing Waitlist
You can use the link below to cancel your 2019-20 Housing Contract. There is a $350 cancellation fee for any contracts cancelled on or prior to September 1, 2019. After September 1st contract holders will be held rent responsible until a replacement is found.
2019-20 Contract Cancellation
To inquire about gender inclusive housing options available for students that identify as trans* or non-binary, please contact Mario Muñoz, University & Community Housing Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.