University Apartments will be available for students enrolled in Summer Session classes. The application period for Summer 2019 opens on April 8, 2019 at 10am. We will send the first round of contract offers by late April, and assignments shortly before June move-in for Session A. Assignments for Session B will be sent shortly before August move-in.
Any student enrolled in UCSB Summer Session classes or enrolled in the International Student Programs through UCSB Extension is eligible for summer housing in Santa Ynez, El Dorado, Sierra Madre and Westgate Apartments. For information about the Freshman Summer Start Program, please visit our FSSP page.
- Contract offers are based on the dates for Summer Sessions A and/or B.
- There is no fee to cancel before June 1, but a $350 fee to cancel on or after June 1 with approval from our office.
- Students no longer enrolled will not be eligible to stay in University housing.
- No frills transitional housing will be available from June 13 – July 2, 2020. To learn more about this opportunity, visit the page for Transitional Housing. Registration will open for interim housing on April 2, 2020.
- Residential Dining Services offers 4 meal plan options for both Summer Sessions A and B. Summer Meal Plan holders can eat at Carrillo, De La Guerra, and Portola Dining Commons. For more information, please visit our page for the Summer Meal Plan.
- Please check your U-Mail account directly and frequently so that you don’t miss any important messages from UCSB. It may not be reliable to forward your U-Mail to an alternate email (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) If you don’t receive a confirmation email from us within a few minutes of submitting your application, check your spam folder.
- If you have any questions about summer housing, please email email@example.com.
- Visit University & Community Housing Services Rental Listings for privately-owned housing options.
*The information below reflects the dates and proposed rates for Summer 2019.
SANTA yNEZ, EL DORADO, Sierra Madre & Westgate
(2019 Proposed rates; Subject to change)
| Session A
6/23 - 8/3
| Session B
8/4 - 9/14
| Both Sessions
6/23 - 9/14
|2 bedroom triple occupancy (3 people per bedroom)||$863||$866||$1750|
|1 bedroom triple occupancy (3 people per bedroom)||$888||$892||$1801|
|2 bedroom double occupancy (2 people per bedroom)||$981||$985||$1990|
|3 bedroom double occupancy (2 people per bedroom)||$981||$985||$1990|
|1 bedroom double occupancy (2 people per bedroom)||$1045||$1049||$2120|
|Studio single occupancy||$1652||$1659||$3351|
|plus a $10 non-refundable activity fee|
Our summer spaces are currently full.
This an application only. Contracts with personal preferences will follow at the end of April.
The Roommate Process for Summer opens on May 8, 2019 at 10am. Residents will only be able to select roommates from fellow Summer contract holders, so please make sure to coordinate with your roommates before attempting to set up roommate groups.
For those residents interested in cancelling their Summer 2019 contracts. Please review the page for fees that may apply before opting to cancel.
To inquire about gender inclusive housing options available for students that identify as trans* or non-binary, please contact Mario Muñoz, University & Community Housing Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.