The following information is for Education Abroad Program (EAP) students who will enter UCSB in Fall 2018 for the first time, and who want to apply for UCSB housing. UCSB students who return to campus from studying abroad are considered continuing students and should visit the Undergraduate Continuing Student page instead.
There may be spaces available in university housing for EAP students entering UCSB in Fall of 2018.
- If you are interested in a UC-owned but privately-managed residence hall adjacent to UCSB, please visit Tropicana Del Norte.
- If you are interested in privately-owned apartments in the community please visit our Community Housing page.
- If you are interested in housing for Winter or Spring Quarters only, please submit an online Winter/Spring Housing Application. The application period begins October 1 for Winter and January 15 for Spring.
- Please check your U-Mail account directly and frequently if you apply for housing so that you don’t miss any important messages from UCSB. It may not be reliable to forward your Umail to an alternate email (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.).
- Establish your UCSBnetID, and be sure that your U-Mail address is activated. It sometimes takes up to 10 days to activate your U-Mail address once you establish your UCSBnetID. You will not have access to the Housing Waitlist until we have your U-Mail address.
- If you have any questions please contact University & Community Housing Services at 805-893-4371 between 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday, or e-mail your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2018-19 housing waitlist is for new EAP students entering UCSB for the first time in Fall 2018. New EAP students entering UCSB for the first time in Winter or Spring 2019 should apply via the Winter/Spring Application.
To inquire about gender inclusive housing options available for students that identify as trans* or non-binary, please contact Mario Muñoz, University & Community Housing Services, at email@example.com.