Please visit our COVID-19 information page for periodic housing updates.
The following information is for Education Abroad Program (EAP) students who will enter UCSB in Fall 2021 for the first time, and who want to apply for UCSB housing. UCSB students who return to campus from studying abroad are considered continuing students and should visit the Undergraduate Continuing Student page instead.
Planning efforts are underway to bring students, faculty, and staff back to campus this fall, but those decisions will be guided by public health guidelines as well as considerations for the health and well-being of our community. We are still awaiting guidance from campus and health authorities to determine how many spaces we can offer to student residents. We are committed to housing students on campus to the maximum extent possible, but it will be some time before we know more precisely how many students we can accommodate in our housing units.
UC Santa Barbara takes great pride in providing an enriching student housing experience for our students. Under normal circumstances, we offer housing guarantees to a large percentage of our student population. However, it is not possible for us to know whether the current public health crisis will allow us to maintain normal operations in undergraduate student housing when the fall quarter begins. Consequently, like many universities across the country, we cannot offer a housing guarantee at this time.
Interested EAP students entering UCSB in Fall of 2021 may apply for a space in UC-owned residence halls/apartments.
- If you are interested in privately-owned apartments in the community please visit our Community Housing page.
- If you are interested in housing for Winter or Spring Quarters only, please submit an online Winter/Spring Housing Application. The application period begins October 1 for Winter 2022 and January 15 for Spring 2022.
- Please check your U-Mail account directly and frequently if you apply for housing so that you don’t miss any important messages from UCSB. It may not be reliable to forward your Umail to an alternate email (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.).
- Establish your UCSBnetID, and be sure that your U-Mail address is activated. It sometimes takes up to 10 days to activate your U-Mail address once you establish your UCSBnetID. You will not be able to complete a housing contract until your UCSBnetID and U-Mail address are activated.
- If you have any questions please contact University & Community Housing Services at 805-893-4371 between 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday, or e-mail your questions to email@example.com.
UCSB EAP students who have completed their Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) for the 2021-22 academic year and set up their UCSB Net ID and umail are welcome to use the button below to apply for housing. This process opens on April 21, 2021 at 10:00am.
To inquire about gender inclusive housing options available for students that identify as trans* or non-binary, please contact Mario Muñoz, University & Community Housing Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.