Transfer students are students who are newly admitted to UCSB from another campus and have not previously attended UCSB. New transfer students are guaranteed housing for two years in UCSB accommodations as long as they return a Statement of Intent to Register, sign a contract with us for their first year, and adhere to application procedures and deadlines for both years.
- UCSB guarantees 2 years of housing accommodations for newly admitted transfer students in university undergraduate apartments for students who apply on time.
- Please visit our Contracts page for more information.
- For their second year at UCSB, transfer students are considered continuing students. Transfer students who live with us their first year are guaranteed housing their second year.
- If you are interested in a University-affiliated residence halls or apartments adjacent to UCSB, please visit Tropicana.
- University & Community Housing Services helps transfer students find private accommodations in the community.