Freshman are able to live in one of eight residence halls that provide room and board for approximately 5,000 freshman. These halls are located in three geographic areas of the campus: Storke Campus, Main Campus East, and Main Campus West. All halls are within walking or biking distance to classes, dining commons, and recreational facilities.
- Through the 2&2* program, students are guaranteed housing for all 4 years of their UCSB experience, either in the residence halls or the University apartments.
- Halls provide mostly triple rooms shared by three students. This is to accommodate all of our incoming students and to provide different options for your budget. Some double rooms and a limited number of single rooms are also available.
- Freshman who return a Statement of Intent to Register are eligible to complete the Residence Hall Contract. Please visit our Contracts page for more information.
- Living Learning Communities (LLC) are offered in different halls for incoming Freshman with specific interests. Some examples of some LLCs are First Year Resident Experience (FYRE), Multicultural Experience, Scholars’ Floor, and Outdoor Adventure, along with many others.
- If you are interested in a University-affiliated residence hall or apartment adjacent to UCSB, please visit Tropicana Student Living.
*2&2 = students who live two years in the residence halls are guaranteed housing in the UCSB apartments for their 3rd and 4th years.