UCSB Faculty have numerous housing options available in the community.
- The UCSB Faculty Housing Office provides housing assistance designed specifically for faculty in the areas of relocation counseling assistance and referrals, home purchase assistance, and for sale housing at West Campus Point.
- Ocean Walk at North Campus is a faculty housing community created under the authority of The Regents for the purpose of providing affordable workforce housing for faculty. It is not managed or maintained by Housing & Residential Services and is listed here only as a campus resource for faculty housing.
- The UCSB Faculty Housing Office page lists many resources for short-term housing in the column on the right of the page.
- The UCSB Community Housing Office assists faculty who desire privately-owned rental housing in the community.
UCSB staff members
- Please see our Staff Housing page for the most up to date information and important links.
- are scholars who have recently completed their doctoral studies and are conducting additional research. Single post-doctoral scholars have the option of applying for a spot in San Clemente Villages. If you are a post-doctoral scholar with a family, please contact the UCSB Community Housing Office to obtain information on privately-owned rental housing in the community.
• To be eligible to apply for housing in San Clemente Villages, you must first be offered a position by a UCSB department.
• Post-docs may apply for housing in two and four bedroom apartments in San Clemente Villages at a non-student rate.
• Post-doc housing is contingent upon availability after housing graduate students, and a lottery will be conducted for a limited number of apartment spaces.
• Contracts for the academic year will end August 15, after the academic year concludes, or when your employment as a post-doc is complete, whichever comes first.
• For more information on the complex and its amenities please see San Clemente Villages. To apply, please visit our Applications page.
- are students who have withdrawn from UCSB and are now returning to campus. For fall quarter, re-admitted students will have an opportunity to apply for housing each year if space is available. Please check the re-admitted housing contracts page for the most updated information. The Community Housing Office can help students find privately-owned accommodations in the community.