Continuing students can apply for both residence hall and University Undergraduate Apartments. All continuing students are guaranteed a space in the residence halls as long as they download and return a contract by the deadline. Students must have completed at least one entire academic year during the January application process to be eligible for University Undergraduate apartments.
- University Undergraduate apartments are very popular for juniors and seniors.
- Through the 2&2* program, students who live two years in the residence halls are guaranteed housing in the University apartments for their 3rd and 4th years.
- Many sophomores (and some juniors and seniors) return to the UCSB residence halls.
- An application period and lottery is held early winter to allocate apartment spaces.
- Students not living in the residence halls can apply for an Off-Campus Meal Plan through Residential Dining Services.
- Please visit our Contracts page for more information.
- If you are interested in a University-affiliated residence halls or apartments adjacent to UCSB, please visit Tropicana.