Resident Director

How do I switch rooms?

If you’re interested in changing rooms within your residence hall or moving into a new residence hall entirely, you will need to contact the Resident Director (RD) of your building. He or she will be able and happy to help you go over your room change options two weeks after the start of the quarter. After two weeks, you can get in contact with your RD by going to the front desk of your building.

Can I live in University Housing if I am not a full-time student?

As a student living in University Housing, it is required that you are enrolled as a full-time student, taking a minimum of 12 units per quarter. If you are not enrolled with 12 units, or are unable to sign up for classes, you MUST make an appointment to meet with your hall’s Resident Director as soon as possible to discuss the matter further and go over your options. To make an appointment with your RD, stop by your hall’s front desk. Apartment residents should stop by the main office in Santa Ynez or call 805-893-4021.