SAN CLEMENTE VILLAGES opened for fall quarter 2008 and is the first UCSB housing community for single graduate students. It is very close to the main campus and residents appreciate being a part of campus life. San Clemente Villages is a showcase of sustainable practice and is double certified LEED* Gold (Existing Buildings Operations & Maintenance in 2012 and New Construction in 2009). It is the largest university apartment complex in the country to have this distinction.
PLEASE NOTE: For the next two years, residents of Donner and Encino at San Clemente Villages may experience the nearby construction of the KITP Visiting Scholars residences project. This project is scheduled to be completed in January 2017 and is not being built, overseen or managed by Housing & Residential Services. The Towbes Group, Inc. is the third party developer for this project. H&RS is communicating with the campus representative and The Towbes Group, Inc. the importance of minimizing any distractions which impact our facility. Please feel free to email Ray.Aronson@dcs.ucsb.edu if additional information about the KITP project is needed.
- Location: El Colegio Road at the corner of El Colegio and Stadium Roads (street numbers #6510-#6550).
- Graduate students can choose their contract term:
- 9 month academic year contract
- 10 month contract (September 1 – June 30)
- 11.5 month contract (September 1 – August 15)
- 2 week contracts between August 15 – September 1 are granted for returners
- New graduate students are guaranteed two years as long as they adhere to all procedures and deadlines each year. Apply here. (Continuing graduate students should apply here.)
- Undergraduates are eligible for any spaces remaining after all graduate students have been accommodated, and are offered 9 month academic year contracts with the option to extend as available.
- Three-story buildings connected by stairs with elevator access to every floor.
- 150 two-bedroom apartments (2 people per apartment) and 166 four-bedroom apartments (4 people per apartment).
- All apartments have private bedrooms and are fully furnished.
- Three community buildings provide recreational, meeting, and study space, and are conveniently located throughout the complex. The Castaic classroom includes an LCD Interactive Screen. A large community center in the middle of the complex provides space for residents to gather for special events.
- All inclusive contracts include high-speed wireless internet access, regular landscaping and housekeeping in community spaces, on-site laundry rooms, gas, electricity, water, garbage pick-up, parking, and excellent 24-hour on-call maintenance and emergency staff response.
- In-residence staff are available for after-hours assistance, community building, and to facilitate activities such as yoga classes, pizza game nights, soccer games, open-mic nights, etc.
- Read what a graduate student had to say about living in San Clemente Villages: Elizabeth Rahilly Shares Her UCSB Housing Experience.
- San Clemente Villages brochure.
- For a small fee, San Clemente residents have access to the Santa Ynez Apartments Fitness Center to work out and check out sporting equipment.
- Gender inclusive housing options are available for students that are transgender, transsexual, intersex, and other diverse gender identities and expressions. To inquire about gender inclusive housing options, please contact Mario Munoz, Apartment Assignment Services (805) 893-7391, or the Resource Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity (805) 893-5846.
- Don't feel like cooking? UCSB Residential Dining offers students who don't live in the residence halls the option to eat in the UCSB dining commons during the academic year (also see our Summer Meal Plans).
- Want to see how UCSB students have transformed their room into their new home? Check out our Real UCSB Rooms board on Pinterest!
*Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design is a rating system developed by the U.S. Green Building Council.