The Special Housing Accommodations committee reviews housing accommodation requests for students with disability-based housing needs. If you are a student requesting a housing accommodation in University-owned housing:
- Contact University & Community Housing Services via phone (805-893-4371) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request the Special Housing Accommodation request form be sent to you. Complete the request form in its entirety.
- Have your clinician complete the Diagnosing Professional’s Form (part II of the Special Housing Accommodation request).
- Email the completed request form to University & Community Housing Services (email@example.com) or fax it to the office at 877-885-9902.
Please be aware that the entire process can take up to four weeks and it can take up to four weeks to be notified about the status of your request.
- Students must have applied for university housing via the housing website.
- Students must be eligible for university-owned housing and meet deadlines and payments as established by University & Community Housing Services. If you are concerned about your housing eligibility, please consult their office.
- The Diagnosing Professional’s form (part II of the Special Housing Accommodation request) must be completed by a certified licensed professional -- psychologist, psychiatrist, neurologist, primary care physician, LCSW, or LMFT (not a relative of the applicant).
- To request a disability accommodation for an emotional support animal (ESA), please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about the process.
- The Special Housing Accommodations committee only recommends accommodations based on a documented medical need; housing preferences are handled by University & Community Housing Services.
- If a recommendation is made, University & Community Housing Services will notify the student. The student will then be notified when space becomes available. In the event that the Special Housing Accommodations committee denies the request, the student will be notified directly via email.