Available starting Dec 1 - Jan 12
|Like Us on Facebook|
Residential & Community Living is looking for exceptional students to be Resident Assistants in our Residence Hall and Apartment areas for the 2017-18 academic year. RAs have the unique opportunity to positively influence their peers by developing a sense of community in their assigned area. They have an opportunity to implement programs and events to promote individual growth, connection to the university and development of tight-knit, inclusive communities. You do not have to have previously lived on-campus. All candidates must have eligible employment status.
What does an RA do?
- Work 14 to 19 hours per week on average
- Assist with front desk or main office coverage
- Respond to emergency situations and provide after hours on-call support
- Plan, advertise, and facilitate social and educational programs and events
- Address resident concerns to help foster a safe and welcoming environment
Want to learn more?
All interested candidates are strongly encouraged to attend one of the following Information Sessions:
- Friday, November 18, 2:00pm @ Loma Pelona Center (LPC 1100)
- Monday, November 21, 3:00pm @ Student Resource Building (SRB Multipurpose Room)
- Tuesday, November 22, 6:00pm @ Sierra Madre Apartments Miramar Center
- Monday, January 9, 7:00pm @ Loma Pelona Center (LPC 1100)
Ask an RA!
Our current RAs will be out on campus answering your questions! Look out for our RA Selection Street Team at various locations on campus (Ortega, DLG, Carrillo, SRB, UCen, the Arbor).
- Online Application Period: 12:00PM December 1 – 11:59PM January 12
- Questions about the process? Email Us!