Residence Hall Parking
- UCSB Main Campus Residence Hall Students are not guaranteed a campus parking space and are encouraged to use other means of transportation to travel to off-campus destinations. There is a limited amount of parking spaces available to students living in the residence halls. If you do not receive a parking space do not bring a car with you to UCSB. Other parking is not available (i.e. street parking in Isla Vista). For parking information visit UCSB Transportation & Parking Services at the following links:
- Santa Catalina Residence Hall parking for the 2015-16 academic year will be available only in campus lots #30 and #38. With the construction of San Joaquin Apartments beginning in Fall 2014, parking will not be available at Santa Catalina. Permits for Santa Catalina residents can be purchased through Transportation and Parking Services here: https://ebiz.tps.ucsb.edu/cmn/auth.aspx. For more information please visit the TPS website, or contact them by phone at 805-893 -2346, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Family Student Housing
- Only one parking space is allocated per apartment. Permits can be picked up from the complex office. Residents can get on a waiting list for a second vehicle permit after you move in. Residents are not permitted to park a second car in Family Student Housing parking lots unless and until a second permit is issued. Residents may purchase a permit to park in one of our other university housing lots.
- Graduate Apartments
- Each resident is entitled to a parking permit at no extra charge. There are enough parking spaces for every resident. Residents will be asked to register their vehicle with UCSB Transportation & Parking Services. After the vehicle has been registered, permits will be available for pickup from the Transportation & Parking Services office. For more information, please visit their website, or contact them by phone at (805) 893-2346, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
- Undergraduate Apartments
- In Santa Ynez, Sierra Madre and Westgate Apartments, each resident is entitled to a parking permit for a yearly fee ($337.50). Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis, but there is generally ample parking for all residents with cars. El Dorado and Westwinds have limited parking spaces allocated by lottery to any of the residents that have cars for a yearly fee ($337.50). Those not allocated an El Dorado or Westwinds parking space are entitled to a parking permit for the Santa Ynez parking lot across the street. Permits for all Undergraduate Apartments can be purchased online via UCSB Transportation & Parking Services. For more information, please visit the TPS website, or contact them by phone (805)893-2346, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All public transportation is easily accessible by MTD bus lines.
- City Buses (MTD): UCSB students may ride the MTD bus for free by showing a valid student ACCESS card. Connections to UCSB, Isla Vista, Goleta, and Santa Barbara. See www.sbmtd.gov for info and schedules or call 805-683-3702.
- Greyhound Bus: located in the Train Depot next to the Amtrak station downtown. (805-965-7551)
- Amtrak: there are two local stations, one in Goleta and another downtown on lower State Street.
- Airlines: the Santa Barbara Airport is adjacent to the UCSB campus.
- Santa Barbara Airbus: local transportation to LAX and Burbank Airports. Charters, play & concert connections, and much more. See www.sbairbus.com for info and pricing or call 805-964-7759.
- Taxi Cab Service: check the yellow pages. See Tips for Taking a Taxicab in Santa Barbara.
- UCSB's Transportation & Parking Services Regional Transportation and Ridesharing pages.
Other Transportation Options
Here are a few other options we recommend.