Residence Hall Parking
- UCSB Main Campus Residence Hall Students are not guaranteed a campus parking space and are encouraged to use other means of transportation to travel to off-campus destinations. There is a limited amount of parking spaces available to students living in the residence halls. If you do not receive a parking space do not bring a car with you to UCSB. Other parking is not available (i.e. street parking in Isla Vista). For parking information visit UCSB Transportation & Parking Services at the following links:
- Santa Catalina Residence Hall has an adjacent parking lot. However, with the construction of San Joaquin Apartments beginning in Fall 2014, parking for Santa Catalina residents will be available only in the San Clemente Villages parking structure #50. Permits for Santa Catalina residents are distributed by residence hall staff, not parking services, and are valid only at the designated lot/structure. Information on how to register for a parking permit will be included in your room assignment letter. Letters will be mailed to your permanent address in late August.
- Santa Catalina permit information is available via the Personal Preferences page. Please scroll down to the bottom of that page to register your vehicle.
- Family Student Housing
- Only one parking space is allocated per apartment. Residents can get on a waiting list for a second vehicle permit after you move in. Residents are not permitted to park a second car in Family Student Housing parking lots unless and until a second permit is issued. Residents may purchase a permit to park in one of our other university housing lots.
- Graduate Apartments
- Each resident is entitled to a parking permit at no extra charge. There are enough parking spaces for every resident. Residents will be asked to register their vehicle during the online personal preferences process. Permits will be ready for pick up during move in. After move in, residents should contact the San Clemente Villages Housing Office for permit information.
- Undergraduate Apartments
- In Santa Ynez and Westgate Apartments, each resident is entitled to a parking permit for a yearly fee ($338). Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis, but there is generally ample parking for all residents with cars. El Dorado has 58 parking spaces allocated by lottery to any of the 140 residents that have cars for a yearly fee ($338). Those not allocated an El Dorado parking space are entitled to a parking permit for the Santa Ynez parking lot across the street. Residents will be asked to register their vehicle during the online personal preferences process. Permits will be ready for pick up during move in. The fee will be charged to the resident's BARC account. After move in, residents should contact the Santa Ynez Apartments Office for permit information.
All public transportation is easily accessible by MTD bus lines.
- City Buses (MTD): UCSB students may ride the MTD bus for free by showing a valid student ACCESS card. Connections to UCSB, Isla Vista, Goleta, and Santa Barbara. See www.sbmtd.gov for info and schedules or call 805-683-3702.
- Greyhound Bus: located in the Train Depot next to the Amtrak station downtown. (805-965-7551)
- Amtrak: there are two local stations, one in Goleta and another downtown on lower State Street.
- Airlines: the Santa Barbara Airport is adjacent to the UCSB campus.
- Santa Barbara Airbus: local transportation to LAX and Burbank Airports. Charters, play & concert connections, and much more. See www.sbairbus.com for info and pricing or call 805-964-7759.
- Taxi Cab Service: check the yellow pages. See Tips for Taking a Taxicab in Santa Barbara.
- UCSB's Transportation & Parking Services Regional Transportation and Ridesharing pages.
Other Transportation Options
Here are a few other options we recommend.