Families enjoy a community feel in Storke Apartments. One to three story buildings are built around large lawn spaces and courtyards, creating a village effect. There are picnic tables and BBQs throughout the complex, and residents often socialize in shared spaces. Resident Assistants plan activities throughout the year and are available for after-hours assistance.
- Location: one-half mile west of the main UCSB campus, a 5-10 minute walk from the Pacific Ocean, and close to shopping centers.
- Three-story buildings connected by stairs (there is no elevator access to second or third floors).
- 342 unfurnished two-bedroom apartments on a 15+ acre site.
- Available to students.
- Contract includes wired internet access, regular housekeeping and landscaping in community spaces, on-site laundry rooms, parking, water, garbage pick-up, and 24-hour on-call maintenance and emergency staff.
- Window coverings or shutters are provided throughout.
- Amenities include a community center with a TV and kitchen area, a volleyball court, and an on-site playground.
- Residents can grow their own fruits and vegetables in a community garden that has 100+ plots and a compost area.
- One apartment has been converted into the ‘Swap Shop,’ a free thrift store where residents can recycle and share items in good condition.
- The Family Student Housing’s Tenant’s Association, the resident government, plans events and represents residents’ needs.
- For a small fee, Storke residents have access to the Santa Ynez Apartments Fitness Center to work out and check out sporting equipment.
- Gender inclusive housing options are available for students that are transgender, transsexual, intersex, and other diverse gender identities and expressions. To inquire about gender inclusive housing options, please contact Mario Munoz, Resident Placement & Assignment Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don't feel like cooking? UCSB Residential Dining offers students who don't live in the residence halls the option to eat in the UCSB dining commons during the academic year (also see our Summer Meal Plans). The UCSB-owned and operated Tenaya Market & Eatery is conveniently located at the San Joaquin Villages apartment complex at the corner of El Colegio and Storke Roads, and offers local and sustainable food options as well.
|Storke I Flat (1 story)||$1378/month*|
|Storke I Townhouse (2 story)||$1378/month*|
|Storke II Flat (1 story) -- *does not include electricity and gas||$1452/month*|
|*rates are subject to change|