Westwinds is a two-story apartment complex that we are leasing for the next few years to accommodate 142 3rd and 4th year students, including new transfer students. It is built around a community pool and sundeck area, and is only a 5-minute bike ride from the middle of campus. Two resident assistants are available for after-hours assistance and community building.
- Location: 6657 El Colegio Road at the intersection of Los Carneros Road, next to El Dorado.
- All inclusive 9-month contract includes high-speed wireless internet access, regular housekeeping and landscaping in community spaces, on-site laundry room, gas, electricity, water, garbage pick-up, and 24-hour on-call maintenance and emergency staff.
Two-story building connected by stairs (there is no elevator access to the second floor).
27 one-bedroom and 23 two-bedroom apartments, all double occupancy with 2 students per bedroom.
- All apartments are fully furnished.
- Amenities include a swimming pool with sundeck, shared study/classroom space with El Dorado, and shared recreational areas with fireplace, foosball, air hockey, ping-pong, television, and vending machines.
- Parking is available, but limited. Overflow parking is available in the nearby Santa Ynez Apartments.
- Westwinds residents have access to the Santa Ynez Apartments Fitness Center to work out and check out sporting equipment.
- Gender inclusive housing options are available for students that are transgender, transsexual, intersex, and other diverse gender identities and expressions. To inquire about gender inclusive housing options, please contact Mario Munoz, Resident Placement & Assignment Services, at email@example.com.
- Don't feel like cooking? UCSB Residential Dining offers students who don't live in the residence halls the option to eat in the UCSB dining commons during the academic year (also see our Summer Meal Plans). The UCSB-owned and operated Tenaya Market & Eatery is conveniently located at the San Joaquin Villages apartment complex at the corner of El Colegio and Storke Roads, and offers local and sustainable food options as well.
- Want to see how UCSB students have transformed their room into their new home? Check out our Real UCSB Rooms board on Pinterest!