University Apartments will be available for students enrolled in Summer Session classes. The application period for Summer 2018 opens on March 1, 2018. The process will be on a first-come first-served basis. We will send the first round of contract offers by early April, and assignments shortly before June move-in for Session A. Assignments for Session B will be sent shortly before August move-in.
Any student enrolled in UCSB Summer Session classes or enrolled in the International Student Programs through UCSB Extension is eligible for summer housing in Santa Ynez, El Dorado and Westwinds Apartments. (There will be no summer housing in San Clemente or Westgate for 2018.) For information about the Freshman Summer Start Program, please visit our FSSP page.
- Contract offers are based on the dates for Summer Sessions A and/or B.
- There is a $250 fee to cancel before June 1, and a $350 fee to cancel on or after June 1 with approval from our office.
- Students no longer enrolled will not be eligible to stay in University housing.
- No frills interim housing will be available from June 16 – July 2, 2018. To learn more about this opportunity, visit the page for Interim Housing. Registration will open for interim housing on April 6, 2018.
- Residential Dining Services offers 4 meal plan options for both Summer Sessions A and B. Summer Meal Plan holders can eat at Carrillo, De La Guerra, and Portola Dining Commons. For more information, please visit our page for the Summer Off Campus Meal Plan.
- Please check your U-Mail account directly and frequently so that you don’t miss any important messages from UCSB. It may not be reliable to forward your U-Mail to an alternate email (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) If you don’t receive a confirmation email from us within a few minutes of submitting your application, check your spam folder.
- If you have any questions about summer housing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit the Community Housing page for privately-owned housing options.
*The information below reflects the dates and rates for Summer 2018.
|SANTA yNEZ, EL DORADO & Westwinds Apartments||Session A
|2 bedroom double occupancy (2 people per bedroom)||$957||$962||$1942|
|1 bedroom double occupancy (2 people per bedroom)||$1019||$1026||$2069|
|plus a $10 non-refundable activity fee|
|Description: Santa Ynez, El Dorado and Westwinds Apartments are located close to campus and offer one and two bedroom units. Want to eat in the Dining Commons during the summer? Apply for a Summer Off Campus Meal Plan!|
Gender inclusive housing options are available for students that are transgender, transsexual, intersex, and other diverse gender identities and expressions. To inquire about gender inclusive housing options, please contact Mario Munoz, University & Community Housing Services, at email@example.com.