The following information is for Education Abroad Program (EAP) students who will enter UCSB in Fall 2017 for the first time, and who want to apply for UCSB housing. UCSB students who return to campus from studying abroad are considered continuing students and should visit the Undergraduate Continuing Student page instead.
There may be spaces available in university housing for EAP students entering UCSB in Fall of 2017.
- If you are interested in a UC-owned but privately-managed residence hall adjacent to UCSB, please visit Tropicana Del Norte.
- If you are interested in privately-owned apartments in the community please visit our Community Housing Office.
- If you are interested in housing for Winter or Spring Quarters only, please submit an online Winter/Spring Housing Application. The application period begins October 1 for Winter and January 15 for Spring.
- Please check your U-Mail account directly and frequently if you apply for housing so that you don’t miss any important messages from UCSB. It may not be reliable to forward your Umail to an alternate email (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.).
- Establish your UCSB Net ID, and be sure that your U-Mail address is activated. It sometimes takes up to 10 days to activate your Umail address once you establish your UCSB Net ID. You will not have access to the Housing Application until we have your U-Mail address.
- If you have any questions please contact Resident Placement & Assignment Services at 805-893-4021 between 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday, or e-mail your questions to email@example.com.
The 2017-18 housing application will open at 10am (Pacific Time) on May 1, 2017.
Gender inclusive housing options are available for students that are transgender, transsexual, intersex, and other diverse gender identities and expressions. To inquire about gender inclusive housing options, please contact Mario Munoz, Resident Placement & Assignment Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.