Students who are positive and active community members gain the most from their residence hall experience and contribute greatly to the Residential Life program. Abiding by the regulations is an integral step towards developing a supportive residential community that encourages academic, social, and personal growth.
Alleged violations of University and residence hall policies, rules and regulations will result in an administrative review. If a violation is found to have occurred, the following are examples of disciplinary action that may result:
- Administrative Disciplinary Action from ARDs, RDs such as a warning, educational sanction, or referral to Student Faculty Conduct Committee
- Administrative Action by the Associate Vice Chancellor of Housing, Dining & Auxiliary Enterprises, Director of Residential & Community Living, Assistant Directors of Residential & Community Living, and/or Conduct Officers, such as relocation, contract cancellation, or exclusion from facilities or activities
- University Judicial Action by Housing Review Board and Hearing Officers such as probation, relocation, contract cancellation. or exclusion from Residence Hall/University Housing/Dining Commons
- Referral to Student Faculty Conduct Committee which could result in University warning, probation, restitution, or university suspension or dismissal
Resident complaints resulting from alleged university or residence hall policy violations should be reported to:
- Resident Assistant (RA), Assistant Resident Director (ARD) or Resident Director (RD)
- The administrative staff of the Office of Residential Life if further intervention is needed
A written report from the individual reporting the violation is extremely important for a proper investigation and to insure that appropriate action is taken.
Judicial Affairs, H&RS 805-893-3281
Office of Student Life 805-893-4569
Campus Police (Emergency 9-1-1) 805-893-3446
Women’s Center 805-893-3778
Sexual Harassment/Title IX Office 805-893-2546
Hate Crime/Incident Reporting 805-893-5016
For a complete explanation of the Housing Conduct Process and Procedures, including sanctions and appeals.