Residential Dining Staff – We are a passionate, dynamic and fun-loving team striving to satisfy diverse tastes and appetites by providing a wide variety of fresh, healthy, high quality food.
Our Commitment to Customers
- Providing a comfortable setting to enhance the living and learning process
- Preparing quality food daily on site to insure freshness and tastiness
- Offering multiple menu choices, various dining locations and extensive meal hours to meet a variety of needs and maximize convenience
- Resource staff to facilitate nutrition education and assist with dining issues that arise
- Caring for the environment by composting food waste, recycling cardboard, plastic, tin, glass, paper & vegetable oil, and using 'green' chemicals
Award Winning Program
- NACUFS Awards (National Association of College & University Food Services)
- Student Employee of the year
- President’s Award, Pacific Region
- Culinary Competition, Silver Medal
- Loyal E. Horton dining award for our residential dining program
- University employees provide the services (Chefs, Dietitians, Service Staff, Custodians and Management Personnel)
- Residential Dining is an integral part of Housing, Dining & Auxiliary Enterprises
- Financial goal = use Residents’ “Board dollars” to offer the best meals possible and balance the budget (a break even, non-profit operation)
- No tax dollars or contract companies are used to provide meal services.
- Gaucho Carte Blanche – unlimited swipes during meal periods; it’s ideal for students who want to come and go with maximum flexibility
- Gaucho Platinum – up to 17 swipes per week during meal periods; it’s perfect for students who want to eat most meals in the Dining Commons
- Gaucho Gold – up to 14 swipes per week during meal periods; if you’re on the go, or if breakfast seems too early, this meal plan accommodates to your needs by providing you with sufficient meals at the Dining Commons
- Gaucho Silver – up to 10 swipes per week during meal periods; if you work off-campus or go home every weekend, this meal plan is flexible for students who cannot always eat all of their meals on campus
- Gaucho Bronze – up to 7 swipes per week during meal periods in the four all-you-care-to-eat Dining Commons. The 7 meal plan option is only for 2nd year students and higher.
- Try out our new online NetNutrition® application -- available on the internet and via smartphone
- NetNutrition enables students to make educated choices by viewing nutrition information for items offered at the dining commons.
- Meet our dietitian and learn more about making smart choices while dining in the dining commons.
- Nutritionally balanced meals meet a myriad of dietary needs
- Menus are designed to include choices for vegans, vegetarians and those who want a low fat diet
- Fresh fruit, fresh vegetables and a variety of grains, nuts, legumes and juice with no sugar added are always available
- Locally grown and organic foods are integrated throughout the menu as part of the overall campus sustainability effort
- All milk is hormone free and cooking oils are trans fat-free
In Lieu of Meals Program
- Meals packed to go for groups of 10 or more people for events & meetings
- Up to 4 meals packed to go for camping & getaway trips
- See In Lieu of Meals for more information