2016-17 UCSB Housing Contracts available starting January 2016
As part of the University, we are here for you for your entire UCSB experience! We have the 2&2 plan to maximize your housing experience at a great value. Students who live in the residence halls for 2 years are guaranteed housing in UCSB apartments for their 3rd and 4th years.
New this year is self-assignments for all residence halls and undergraduate apartments, as well as the ability to retain your current space. As a current resident, you’ll have the unique privilege to pick exactly where you’ll be living in 2016-17. Starting in January 2016, there will be three phases to the contract process:
#1 Like where you currently live? Contracts open for room retention.
#2 Want to move to a different building and/or pick a specific roommate? Contracts open for general room selection and roommate pull-in. Non-residents can sign up for a residence hall space at this time as well.
#3 Live in IV but want to move into a UCSB apartment? Non-residents can apply for the UCSB apartment lottery.
You will not sign a contract until you book a space, so you’ll know exactly where you’ll be living for 2016-17 by this winter!
Some perks of living in UCSB Housing…
- 9-month all-inclusive contract (No figuring out bills with your roommates, no 1st & last month rent required in advanced, no security deposits, no summer sub-letting, no utility bills, and no-cosigning a 12-month lease with a “joint & several clause,” which means if a roommate fails to pay rent, everyone is responsible.)
- If you live in the Residence Halls, a meal plan is included for the all-you-care-to-eat Dining Commons (Local, organic & sustainable food whenever possible! No shopping or cooking food, & no washing dishes. An Off Campus Meal Plan is available for non-residence hall residents.)
- 24-hr on-call maintenance
- High-speed internet
- On-site Laundry Facilities
- Employment & leadership opportunities
- Social & educational programming
- Staff available for after-hours assistance & community building
- Recreation & Fitness Rooms
- Volleyball & Basketball Courts
- Quiet Hours
- Community Centers
- We are UCSB! (We are dedicated to the academic mission of UCSB and for providing the best housing experience!)
Contracts will be available in January 2016. Stay tuned for more information via UMail, DigiKnow, and our social media channels. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment here and we'll respond. We're here to help!